SAFE Network Client Testing + Tor

You still need the Launcher to connect you to the .safenet. The Launcher proxy listens on localhost:8101 if you start it and if you have Web Proxy flipped to enabled (Launcher > Settings). This is what was very poorly explained and what I commented on couple of days ago.

For Tor routing, see my comment here:

You’d have to force safenet_launcher (with .exe, in Windows) to use Tor for all 80 and 443 traffic for all non-.safenet domains. It’s too much hassle to deal with it for average users, and as you can see (a comment at my link above) David said they’ll change that behavior in a future version so it’s also pointless unless you want to learn about that stuff.

There are tools that can do that, but it’s not easy. If anyone wants to experiment with a user friendly tool, this one may be fun until Safe Launcher is fixed (free 30 day trial).

http://www.proxycap.com/tor.html

You could force safe_launcher.exe (executable on Windows) to use Tor for outgoing ports 80, 443, see if that works. As far as I can tell from my analysis 'safe_launcher` uses port 5xxx to connect to the SAFE network.

3 Likes