SAFE Network Client Testing Commences

Is the windows version only for version 10?

No, I believe that should be fixed in the documentation.

Edit:

Someone created a topic about it already so should be fixed in the next release.

1 Like

Okay…I tried to install it anyway on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, but it
just flashes and does nothing. I watched it in task manager and the
installer lives for just a fraction of a second and disappears with no
error message.

I was able to run launcher and demo app on Win7.

My fault…when I unpacked it with 7zip, it put everything into a single
directory. I re-unpacked it a different way, and all is fine.

Thanks!

1 Like

I know I’m late to the party but this is AWESOME!!! Thanks for all the hard work everyone! :grin:

5 Likes

thezman007 No way are you to late to the party, it’s just getting started. There is so much more!!

3 Likes

Want to thank you for the very well thought out step by step guides. This may be a bore for some experts but non techs depend on good guides. They are excellent and will help to get more people up and running which I believe is the whole object of Safenet. Thanks.

5 Likes

I got the new SAFE Launcher. I pasted the PAC file into the LAN Settings (Win 7). I had .safenet links working with the previous version. But now the page loads for a few minutes before giving me this:

1 Like

You are not giving us all the details. No data received? could be because you maybe surfing a site that is not there (any more or not there again) on this second iteration of the testnet. What site are you browsing? If its your site, or if it was your site, be sure to recreate it the same way as on original testnet-1.

Also: do any safenet sites load with this testnet-2 iteration? look at the posted safenet links in the other thread and browse a few that have (re-) appeared on testnet-2. Posting proper problem description and bugreports will give you better chance of people understanding your situation. Little to no valuable information doesnt advance you anywhere.

1 Like

make sure that you are running the launcher as well

and as the other poster said make sure you are going to sites that exist, since everything got deleted from the previous network

2 Likes

Of course I’m using .safenet sites that are on the new network, otherwise I wouldn’t have even been able to have a brain to download the new Launcher. ALL of the new-thread .safenet sites do this. I’m using chrome. I haven’t created a site yet. I’m only using this thread because I didn’t want to clutter up the other threads with this problem. I figured someone else might be having this problem. Don’t lecture me on that petty crap please. I’m not some ****** child. At least pose your concerns in the form of a question for the things I may have missed, or provide some advice, and don’t bother with the lecturing. I’m not having a good day. I’m busy with other things; I could provide other details at some other time. Plus I thought that would be enough information, anyway. If I’ve gotten the new Launcher, and pasted the PAC file URL into the LAN Settings correctly, why on earth would I be using old .safenet links?

Maybe I didn’t restart the launcher enough times, but I’ve done that, too. Maybe I need to restart Chrome, though I’m running a lot of tabs, but I’ll probably try that. I’m really at a loss of what’s happening, though.

2 Likes

the proxy ruleset worked normally on some mozillabased browser for me. not using google/chromium based stuff here. enjoy.

closing chrome, opening launcher, opening chrome did the trick. fast sites! yay

2 Likes

If you don’t want anyone on the community to help you, you should use this kind of language. You’re asking something from others and when they’re trying to help you, you’re giving them slack because you yourself didn’t fully explain what you needed.

2 Likes

Anyone else having trouble logging in through the SAFE Launcher? I haven’t been able to get onto the network for the past day. “Error Loggin In!.. etc… Try Again”.

1 Like

@PeterRobertson are you using the latest testing release? The first network has been brought down.

2 Likes

64 linux ubuntu 15.10 Firefox everything perfect more fluid than the previous version
http://hola.zzs00szz.safenet/

1 Like

:ant: Everso before the last update , I got through to the pages and my own public page , even on the first iteration of this update . Now , I get rerouted to this http://www.0.safenet/-/nonCERNproxy ; I am wondering what it is , how can I now visualise .safenet pages ? Do I have to do something or is it just a temporary thing you guys are doing right , now ? I hope to save time by not doing unnecessary adjustments , any real help is welcome :wink:

When all else fails just delete all relevant files (extracted demo app folder and launcher) then re extract them. Open a Mozilla based browser (seemingly the most compatible) and got to options. Click advanced. Now click setting on your right.

This window should appear:

Select “Automatic proxy configuration URL”

Enter this URL - http://visualiser.maidsafe.net/safe_proxy.pac

Click “OK” and your done!

Now start the “Launcher” and try loading a site.

If SAFE sites still don’t load, restart the browser and try again. Good luck! :relaxed:

1 Like