SAFE Network 33% Completed? i think

SAFE is not really a crypto though, MAID may be at 27, but when SafeCoin comes it will be a burnable utility and a data object, not an entry on a ledger. Until that happens MAID is just a holder token for some ‘in development’ networking protocols which happen to have a built-in incentive mechanism to maintain them. We could go up or down relative to these blockchain projects, it’s not really a fair comparison though. Blockchains are in an investment bubble and investors are generally more attracted to hype and implementation stage projects that are easy to understand.

3 Likes

^this^ imho.

I’ve banged on about this before and very sorry if this angle appears like we’re being Debbie Downers.

SAFE is not really crypto as @Jabba says, it exists there for now yes, but that’s not the end destination.

All this anxiety of market caps, awareness, where we fall on lists and so forth all is mostly irrelevant to where we end up. What that is imo is anxiety on peoples behalf wanting to have some sort of recognition given to the project/their investment in the short term.

@neeraj_kashyap don’t take this to heart but if your friends can’t see past an imaginary number in a ranking list, then putting their money in SAFE isn’t for them just at this stage :wink:

@max hiring more Devs wouldn’t necessarily speed this thing up…surprise you? No need for a novel from me, that ones been covered here if you want to do some digging.

Nascent tech is a bugger as you guys say and we are in wonderful hands as is said above. I accept your opinion but when you say Maidsafes effort is insufficient in the regard you do, it really is an uneccessary (maybe unintended) swipe at some brilliant and extremely hard working people who are killing themselves and their personal lives to change the world and make us happy.

You can have that opinion sure, it’s a free world, but I’ll lock horns with you every time over it, cause well it’s so wrong on a human level. No one here knows what these guys have given up to get this far (we can assume it’s a hell of alot).

I’ll stop dribbling but I’ll stand up for @maidsafe if anybody jacks up/comments about ‘delays’ or ‘appearances’ it is completely unfounded and disheartening for them (they read these posts). It’s a forum though I value your point of view though and happily take on board what your trying to say.

SAFE is so wonderful and beautiful guys, and I personally love it like I would a small child of my own, I don’t give a toss about money personally. you mostly all feel similar affection, that’s why your all here. If your here for a quick buck just kindly go elsewhere you’ll likely make more $ short term elsewhere.

Happy to cop anything back for the above stance :wink::smiley:

11 Likes

A cryptocurrency is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of additional units of the currency.

SafeCoin would be a cryptocurrency according to this definition from Wikipedia. A cryptocurrency doesn’t have to blockchain based.

5 Likes

Forest and trees, Safecoin will be crypto not SAFE, a point of difference we could debate all day :wink:

It’s cool though either way you go :+1:

4 Likes

Lots of crypto projects do much more than currency these days though.

2 Likes

Yep, but nothing like this puppy plans to :wink:

3 Likes

After reading your first statement I have very clear I don’t have nothing to discuss with you.
Have a nice day lad.

You too champ :wink:

1 Like

I suppose the big difference is that safecoin is only how you pay for things in SAFE. So many people will be using SAFE and not even know about SAFEcoin. SAFE usage doesn’t require the coin till you do some storing (of any kind)

SAFE was being developed before this current crypto market existed.

There are a number of reasons why SAFE is not a strictly a crypto project and certainly not run as one.

Tthe place we are in these crypto lists is more one of speculation and not actuality of results. Things though will change when SAFEcoin is being tested and also when SAFE is released. But still one of speculation since these lists describe how much confidence there is in the particular coin and not in the project. While related they are not necessarily the same, and SAFE would have the largest disconnect since it would be a measure of how much profitability there is in the coin and not how good the network is.

5 Likes

Hello,
For instance my coin are on bittrex how store it and have a monthly saving as you said. Thanks to reply.