SAFE Messages (mobile)

You get a slightly different error if you try to cc folks ie send to multiple recipients

Have you tried his alter-ego “sadbeing”? :wink:

8 Likes

Ever since the Great Day of Bogbrush and Dettol, when he was hauled from the water to have the barnacles scraped from his bottom, @happybeing has been a very happy being. Nothing sad about him :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Fantastic, that’s me downloaded the app and sent a couple of messages :tada:

Great work everyone :smile:

9 Likes

I opened the app, left it open for a while and when I went back to the phone after about 20mins I received the following crash report. I closed the error, and was able to reconnect to the app again.

4 Likes

@victoria The crash you’re seeing happens when the app loses connectivity - this is a known issue documented here https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-email-app-csharp/issues/32.

Appreciate all the feedback people :smiley:
It’s just a small P.O.C. but it does demonstrate what is possible :muscle:

10 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but QUIC should actually help with reconnects on different IP Adresses. This probably won’t be an issue outside of Alpha 2, which we can’t really avoid it at this point AFAIK.

3 Likes

Really nice guys. Good work. Will give it a try shortly reading the docs first.

Ah not for android.

3 Likes

Not sure why you think that.

5 Likes

Great work! Registered a user called traktion! :grin:

6 Likes

It seems to work just fine for me , on LineageOs 14.1 , 7.1.2. Well done @maidsafe !

10 Likes

Is there any way to verify (the download of) the SAFE email app apk? No sha256 checksum here, just the direct downlad?

2 Likes

Looks fine on Lineage OS 15.1/Android 8.1.0. \ö/

2 Likes

You can find the checksum on the releases page :slight_smile:
https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-email-app-csharp/releases/tag/0.1.1

4 Likes

I’m constantly getting this message when trying to connect through the authenticator

Is someone else having this?

1 Like

I got it when I was logged onto the forum on my PC via a different IP address

5 Likes

Doh! :sweat_smile:

I forgot that I got a dynamic ip on my mobile :crazy_face:

Thanks for reminding me :face_with_hand_over_mouth: facepalm yourself eddy :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Is this app not working for desktop machines? Thought I read that but just skimmed so far.

1 Like

its only for Android devices - so far

1 Like

Will the browser work on Android 5.1 (old phone)?

1 Like