Please copy, paste, and edit this template with relevant info when creating a bug report.
Launcher version: 0.3.0
Demo app version: 0.1.0
Browser version: Firefox
Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.4
Describe the bug with as much detail as possible:
The bug is when the field validation function fires on each field in the login or register screens. It should validate each field after each character typed, but right now it only re-verifies a field when it loses focus.
If I first incorrectly fill out a field (for example if I put only 2 characters in the keyword field) it will show the red warning message with “must be at least 6 characters” message. However, if I correctly fill out the field AFTER this, and then hit “Enter” (as the standard form submit button), the error message is blocking the form submit. I have to first click out of the form field for the validation function to check it again to see that it is properly filled out this time, and then I can click back in the field and submit it by hitting enter.
What are the steps to reproduce the bug
- Open the launcher.
- Enter a valid pin (4 numbers), enter a valid keyword (6 characters alphanumeric), then enter an INVALID password.
- Click outside of the textfield.
- Notice that the error message only shows when the textbox loses focus.
- Click back into the pasword field, and enter a VALID password (6 characters alphanumeric)
- Hit “Enter”
- Notice that even though the field is properly filled out, the error message is still blocking the form from being submitted.
- Instead of hitting enter, the form will submit if you just click the Login button. However, hitting enter is standard in all form fields, and the blocking behavior is off-putting.
Were you able to work around this bug? How?
Just click login, but it’s off putting when the form does not follow the “hit enter” standard.
Is there anything else that might help us fix this bug?
No that’s about it.