SAFE-FS -- Decentralizing Online Files

Yes sir please check our updates. Here are a few links: “More info & updates,” “Several Additional Updates,” “Progress on Deliverables,” and there’s more available at forum.safeappstore.io

Yes and you can follow how that occurred and how they were distributed on this thread and others on forum.safeappstore.io

We are looking to create SAFE-FS Coin is another Omni layer asset, just as SafeAppStore Coin was, and it will represent voting rights and SafeCoin profit sharing, just like SafeAppStore Coin does.

And hopefully distribution will take no longer than 2-3 weeks following the sale, depending on how many addresses and transactions it will require

Google have shown themselves to be infinitely extensible, and I see a parallel between on the one hand Google and Google Shopping/Froogle, and on the other, SAFE-FS and SafeAppStore. In other words, there’s no reason why SAFE-FS can’t be a feeder funnel for SafeAppStore.

2 Likes

Hit the nail on the head there,

An App that is for sale or free will be just another type of public data listed in the results, and we have been thinking of adding a small logo design at the bottom corner of its search result that would link to its listing on the SafeAppStore.

Would be very doable, but trying to decide if that type of self-promotion would be too much :stuck_out_tongue:

…I do think we’ll end up doing it though :slight_smile: the logo could be a modest size

3 Likes

There have been some uploads to the mockup and several have been approved, but others were offensive and not allowed to appear.

Please, if you’re uploading images to the mockup, don’t include any vulgar language or adult content.

Although once SAFE-FS is on SAFE, the privacy and security will mean it’s unable to be moderated, so these rules are only for the current, clearnet mockup mockup.

Haha that’s a good one! I think he’ll come around though, at least I hope so. Great looking project @whiteoutmashups!

2 Likes

The browse button is still not working for me.

Can you try to help me recreate the problem? I’ve tried on desktop Firefox and mobile repeatedly and can’t find any problems still

Also, people are uploading files and nobody else has reported this. Could it be one of your settings perhaps?

Yes, I believe so too. Last time I spoke to Daniel (January?) he said he was simply looking for other ways to offer SAFEx for the meantime. I didn’t get the feeling a permanent switch was happening.

He seemed very anxious for the APIs in March and I think he must have felt let down at the delays, and tried to find solutions for the meantime. We are all just ready to get going with our Apps :slight_smile: But I definitely am glad SAFE is progressing cautiously and at the pace it needs to, so things like DAO don’t happen :slight_smile:

I do hope he comes around, and I do expect it

4 Likes

All he needed to do was not say the stuff about not working on SAFE compatibility until final safecoin was out. If he’d said he was still working on safe or would continue to work on it where and when he could as the priority, then all would have been fine and he could have branched out to clearnet ideas without causing such a fuss. Instead he decoupled himself from the train altogether so everyone jumped ship and most lost faith.

He could come back from it, but most of the young blokes I know have too much pride and ego to do it from here. I don’t know Daniel well enough to say, but from his recent attitude I’d guess not.

I’m glad to hear SAFE-FS definitely won’t go off-mission. You sound about as committed as they come, which might be necessary with a project like this so it’s comforting to hear. You can achieve anything if you really commit and don’t let anything derail you. Especially if you have a support network! That’s why I think David will also achieve his lofty goals :wink:

2 Likes

Ah, I see. I didn’t read all the conversations completely. Other priorities. But I have faith. And even if he may not see it now, I have no doubt the pull of SAFE–once it gets rolling–will be too much to resist :slight_smile:

But this isn’t a SAFEx thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would if I knew how and no I don’t think it’s one of my settings. Nothing pops up. I click the browse button and nothing. No windows, no prompts, nada.

Make sure you’re not forgetting to fill out the other fields first (name & description, cost is optional)

Why would those be prerequisites of using a browse file field on a form? Every other form I’ve ever used I could fill out in whatever order I liked. Not much point in filling out the name and description fields until I’ve picked a file now is there?

Well that’s why it’s in the order that it is.

Did it work with that now?

EDIT: I just tried this with Firefox again and it worked both ways, with the other fields empty and also with them filled out. Since you’re the only one experiencing this problem, can you send me an email with more information (ffox version, OS info etc) or I’ll send you a PM if needed

Sale begins in 27min.

Will make a specific post for it once it is live

And to follow up with this @Josh I have received permission from three of our team members and will be completing and releasing an About Us page on safe-fs.io within the coming days

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused about this… Isn’t this something that’s going to be in safecore, a virtual file system?

If it is, why would I use this app over the core version?

Yes there very well may be many different and competing SAFE Apps in this and every area eventually, but we are working on this now, in attempts to be the first, and designing it to be extremely user friendly and popular.

Every area, marketplaces, app stores, video streaming, social networking, search, may all have competing apps on the SAFE Network at any given time, and all we can speak for is our own.

We feel we are getting this started extremely early, and putting great effort into the design and ease-of-use, so it may become as widespread as possible as early as possible.

Very fair question though, please ask anything

1 Like

Like @joshuef I don´t quite get the necessity for this application when we can expect that it will be part of the core releases. Competition is fine, but at this early moment it might be redundant. I specifically wondered how you intend to develop the application when there is practically 0 information on the implementation of Safecoin. Isn´t that crucial with regard to the application architecture?

Secondly, in the “profit delivery program” you say that 60% of the profits in Safecoin go to SAFE-FS holders. You also write that there are payouts every month. Since the SAFE Network doesn´t know time, this needs to be done by a legal entity, which is part of the investment contract. Which entity is that? (Also: do I understand correctly that claims need to be sent to a gmail address? This doesn´t really sound like a robust solution for a longer timeframe.)

I also wanted to point out that ~28,000 $ sounds to me like a tiny sum for the development such an ambitious project. I´d expect at least double.