SAFE-FS -- Decentralizing Online Files

Not tried them, but am a big fan of any kind of decentralisation, so it would be good to give me the motivation to try it out.

1 Like

I tried it once, and for some reason or another the trade didnā€™t work out. I lost my fees & some time, and havenā€™t bothered trying again since.

I guess itā€™s early days, and itā€™s a good idea, even if its a bit rough at the moment.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™ll try some test ones with @Jabba or anyone else, and report back. Just for now, as we continue trying with the various exchanges

2 Likes

Any progress on the yobit listing? Did you try the Premium Listing?

The latest has been posted.

Waiting for response. If you all want to email them also Iā€™m sure that would help them get a reply out to someone, if they see some actual desire

I know asking for exchange listings for safenet projects is not very popular among our community but since you stated in the announcement ā€œwe will put every effort into listing our SFSC98 on as many exchanges as appropriateā€ I wanted to ask you again about that topic.

What steps have you taken so far to get SFSC listed? Which exchanges have you already approached? What was their response?

When I invested in SFSC the statement that you will ā€œput every effort into listing SFSCā€ was very important to me because I need my funds liquid. Not that I am planning to sell but the possibility should be there.

I dont have the feeling that a lot of effort is put into this at the moment. I really hope you will keep your promise. Thanks!

Poloniex, Bitttex, and also Yobit from Rancorā€™s recommendation. No response yet, I can send another round of emails

As we all discussed on our old forums, the promises of the dividends / company voting rights turned out to shoot ourselves in the foot in terms of clearnet exchange viability, but of course weā€™re still making every effort to get a response out of any of them.

People may say ā€œDaniel got SEC on Bittrex even though his coin represented the same thingsā€ which is true, but he also had personal connections with that Las Vegas based exchange that I donā€™t have access to.

All of this was on the SFSC forum thread but yes I think itā€™s good to put here since this is our new place for discussion.

Still doing what I can, and your / any followersā€™ help with emailing can be extremely helpful in trying to convince exchanges to reply to me, to show them that thereā€™s real demand for it also.

Decentralized exchanges on SAFE are also a backup plan down the road, where these rules wonā€™t matter and anyone can add coins to create a market. Plan to be among the very first on these in the early days.

tl;dr still reaching out to all matches, and any extra input from any of you would be a huge help in convincing them to say something back

1 Like

Also if you know of any other exchanges that would be a good fit we will definitely send list requests and follow ups

ok so basically you contacted the 3 exchanges and they did not respond. I guess they will probably also not respond to another email. I think to get listed on poloniex or bittrex is almost impossible as of now. Yobit could work, maybe try to talk to a mod in the trollbox, open a support ticket etc. Also, maybe contacting other exchanges than the mentioned 3 would also be an idea? I know these are the most established ones but a smaller exchange would maybe be better than nothing? There are lots of smaller exchanges out there. I know that for example bleutrade listed mineum (which also pays dividends)

1 Like

Never heard of that one, will give a SFSC application to it. If you know any others that would be good also Iā€™m always looking for suggestions. I want this just as much as you, just had the door slammed in my face so far but gotta keep going!

2 Likes

Also it wasnā€™t just emails, it was coin applications also at each of them. So they all already have our info for SFSC ready

1 Like

Doing a somewhat related update if my phone doesnā€™t die

1 Like

Found one of my replacement batteries :slight_smile:

Small, somewhat related update: used a part of my freelance work savings to buy a small ā€œfixer upperā€ home ($26k total after closing today). To nip any worries in the bud, everyone is free to look at the public crowdsale address on safe-fs.io to verify that none of the money for this project has moved, therefore I used my separate savings for this small purchase.

Anyone whoā€™s been following me knows Iā€™ve been living in a van for two years now, coding from my Solar panels :stuck_out_tongue: but it has proven to be a highly inefficient way of life (even though itā€™s the greatest way to save money, in my mind). Having to drive to the gym, the grocery Store every meal (no fridge!), even the bathroom etc can really suck huge amounts of cumulative time out of your days and now that Iā€™m in a small house things can become more efficient (even despite the bits of work that have to be done on it).

Despite the shockingly tiny price (mostly due to expert negotiating :stuck_out_tongue: lol but seriously) itā€™s a great location in Jacksonville, FL, many connections out here and nearby tech Meetup groups that Iā€™ve been to and will go to, to keep that side going well. Still have even more new Meetup reports to write out for everyone and progress is being made on the dev forum and locally. Also still have the team in contact if anything is needed to be completed within competitive timeframe (ex live SafeCoin launch coming soon, etc). Looks like weā€™re all switching back to safe-js, with the new browser ecosystem being made by @joshuef and others. Great work there :slight_smile:

So while this isnā€™t directly a SAFE-FS update, it positively affects the general productivity so I thought Iā€™d include it. Also like to be very open with my personal affairs since itā€™s a great community here :slight_smile:

11 Likes

At least you have a good van-dwelling climate in Florida. I tried for a few weeks in the UK many years ago and all my clothes went mouldy!

1 Like

Yeah it was even hard in SF for that reason, so rainy and damp all the time. Worst night of my life was when I was just starting off in a small car, had to walk back to it for 2 hours in the cold San Francisco rain, and then sleep in the front seat :stuck_out_tongue: changed clothes but still was cold.

But yeah here in Florida itā€™s way better. Still might do it sometimes if I need to, like when theyā€™re tenting for termites :bug: :ant: :skull: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Will, congratulations and and good luck. $26k would get you a shed here in UK, or a small narrowboat :wink: (two years and clothes not mouldy @JPL).

1 Like

Thanks, 2bedrooms, was listed about $10k higher before I started overstating the issues :slight_smile: still, Florida has some good deals left if youā€™re willing to look hard, wait for the best ones, and hold your ground negotiating

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve done a lot of ā€˜eating outā€™ and tinned food on a camping stove in that van, so I hope youā€™ll be now saving money by cooking healthy, homemade grub :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And even if thereā€™s no garden you can still grow some herbs and veggies in pots somewhere Iā€™m sure.

Congratulations dude!

1 Like

Yeah, some sort of woodburning stove is a must to keep everything dry. Not possible in a small camper van though (imagine the insurance!). A lesson learned.

2 Likes

26k could last you 5+ years in 3rd world country. But it just means no meetups and van. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like