SAFE-FS -- Decentralizing Online Files

Hi please kindly check again:

Large transaction, I understand the push.

2 Likes

Hope everyone has been enjoying the ERC20 tokens!

Just completed another round of orders.

This token is such a joy to use, it’s so much smoother, faster, cheaper and more visually appealing than our previous token version.

Have several interesting plans to utilize its new features to the fullest!

We are proud of our conversion system and being the first MaidSafe project to upgrade its assets to the Ethereum network :smiley:

Looks like several trades have gone through, excitedly watching.

Can always trade SFSC/ETH at bit.do/tradesfsc

3 Likes

Any progress with the safe-fs project?

1 Like

Not sure what you want,

There’s no bug fixes with our current versions, so besides that am just working to allow the SAFE-FS business to survive these markets by focusing time in other areas of the crypto sphere where action is happening. Unfortunately that’s the current reality :cry: :cry:

Don’t forget SAFE-FS was a $50k ICO, 10x less than decorum and exactly 160 times smaller than MaidSafe itself, financially, so it’s not like i can just hire as many people as them and provide all the updates etc etc. But I feel I have done an exceeding amount of pre-SAFE development nevertheless, and will continue as reality permits.

If SAFE takes off though I’m in a really good position to bring all parts of SAFE-FS to the SafeCoin markets for profitable lifeblood, but until then I’m having to face the current reality of everything, since it’s 2018 already…

These constant prods definitely confuse me sometimes. I might just link back to this reply in the meantime.

6 Likes

What are you working on?

Limited advising, consulting, development. The industry keeps growing, despite the price.

@whiteoutmashups thank you, you do a great job!

2 Likes

Unfortunately we are all dependant on the progress of SAFE. First time seeing him down after 2 years. He is facing the reality which I think he means that he doesn’t expect the project go live any time soon. I remember Will saying that if the network doesn’t go live by 2018 he might go into other ventures. Maybe he is contemplating that now.

I invested in the project expecting a product and then maybe some kind of ROI. I got the project on testnet, he kept his promises that’s for sure and thank you for that.

I remember that 1 BTC was around 600 usd so just keeping the BTC would have given 550k valuation. I know Will has sold all of it but if we are comparing projects and investment I have done poorly.

3 Likes

Ouch :facepunch: would have been great.

Not sure why you are always so defensive TBH. Just wanted to know what is happening with safe-fs.

5 Likes

Not “always”. But sometimes, yes, I agree with @anon78865233. When the community is interested in the development or even points out bugs, that is a good thing.

7 Likes

Sorry then. Thought it sounded like I wasn’t delivering something I was expected to.

Glad to learn I misunderstood.

Apologies. Truly.

But, the above was a good opportunity to clarify my current perspectives on a few things, for anyone watching and wondering.

6 Likes

Just stumbled upon this piece of ancient history:

http://toughship.tumblr.com/post/71752613758/very-first-post-birth-of-this-blog

My first steps out on my own. Led to many adventures, and ultimately MaidSafe :slight_smile:

Never looked back. Life is crazy :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Testing a new format for an idea :bulb:

Stay tuned

8 Likes

Its alive? Which is safe: address?

Which exchange is the FILE-FS token getting its market value from on omniwallet? I see at the end of your very cool video that you expect Bittrex to be one of the exchanges, that would be incredible. I expect it to be on many decentralized exchanges. Thanks for your hard work and keeping us up to date, I look forward to uploading my mind to Safe-fs :wink:

I think since its for the omni version that it’s coming from the SAFE-FS Bitsquare trades

Thanks and yes it’s on a few ETH DEXes right now and will fill out the forms for more :+1:

1 Like

Is this project dead or alive?

Nothing dead, just waiting for meaningful, marketable launches from the network we need (SAFE) like all the other apps here, before making any additional versions. Not great to waste much more on it until there’s a network that will be able to generate revenue, or at least a finite date for such a release. But staying updated with their progress excitedly each day, and helping to promote their news regularly. SAFE is always undoubtedly the greatest thing anyone can be working towards or supporting. Just look at the state of the world today :cry:

10 Likes

So you didn’t give up and still follow the project?
I thought you’d abandon SAFE altogether as it hasn’t delivered any product. Protocol design, research, sample codes apart from these there isn’t yet a product/protocol which is useful for end users.

You have been waiting for a long time and SAFE research has been going on for I don’t know more than 10 years!? If this is research it should called as such, not a project. If you call something a project it should have deadlines. Deadlines could be subject to change but you would simply track those changes and postpone whatever. It feels insincere when they explain this is hard to to and they can’t give a deadline.

1 Like