Safe Exchange is switching gears

Hoepfully you know that isn’t true.

That’s public IMO.

Well that is what the devs said it was a test of Vaults and routing.

And the dev updates also say its not Alpha code being tested

Just because the word test is used does not mean its Alpha test.

Alpha testing will be announced as that and include all the parts in a viable form. Test 3 was specifically for vaults/routing and we were told it was not a viable system but one designed to fail in certain ways

Clearly the Maidsafe definition of alpha is not holding together:

“Alpha – the core network and fundamental functionality is provided via an initial implementation, this is the first public testing phase.”

And we have yet to see that

We’ve seen exactly that.

Have you seen this post from @nicklambert yesterday?

2 Likes

Final Fantasy XV
(started 2006, being released 2016, underwent multiple project overhauls and release dates)

“Because of its sporadic appearances in the public eye and its absence after the 2011 event, industry commentators labeled Final Fantasy XV as vaporware while it was still known as Versus XIII.[102][103][104]”

“Since its original announcement, release of information became sporadic, leading to video game journalists labeling it as vaporware and eventually to rumors of its cancellation.”

1 Like

Not comparable. They have a whole insanely popular franchise proving their product, the latest release is just another “DLC”

We are talking about technology, not art.

2 Likes

You are trying desperately to prove something that is not there. This simply cannot be considered Alpha testing. THe devs say it, its not a viable product, it is not [quote=“maidsaferocks, post:52, topic:9370”]
the core network and fundamental functionality
[/quote]

THe last test was even designed to fail, so how is that “functionality”

yeah definitely not comparable nope haha even though it looks identical to me!
omg there’s so much g-d technology involved in FF15 i’m outta here

1 Like

What I’m proving at this point is:

It’s in black and white. Take it or leave it:

“Alpha – the core network and fundamental functionality is provided via an initial implementation, this is the first public testing phase.”

I did a little work for Swarm in 2015 and the main problem with that project was the fact that lawyers didn’t allow them to issue coins that gave shareholder rights. They were afraid the the SEC would see it as stocks and that would’ve been a big problem. That’s why they choose weird projects at their launch party. It were all projects that didn’t gave you any shareholder rights. So the idea was great, but it failed due to legal concerns. Daniel doesn’t have a problem like that, so that’s a big difference. Which doesn’t say anything, but just for the record.

2 Likes

Ok, you interpret that way. The devs, and some here do not agree with your interpretation.

I have yet to see a complete system (the modules that will make up the first Alpha) put up for testing and certainly not in a form that could be considered functioning properly, especially when we are told it is designed to fail.

1 Like

Joel has a different set of excuses, and so will Daniel:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3ofq3a/joel_dietz_the_guy_that_raised_usd_1m_with_swarm/

Goodbye.

Perhaps you at some point realize that if I could buy the FF license, and release a game made with unity engine, even it would sell millions because of the name, no matter how shit it was. So it has zero to do with the success of the technology, it has to do with market recognition.

What part of an initial implementation do you not understand? Or public release?

We are currently testing isolated aspects of the network, not even claiming to have the final autonomous project ready at this stage. And you may define public however you want, usually it means that you release the binary, make release announcement etc. This is not the same as grabbing a semi-public dev build from a community forum.

1 Like

Let the reader decide if Maidsafe’s definition of Alpha is holding up:

Show me one post claiming that we have seen an initial implementation yet? Nothing we have seen has even remotely resembled what the goal of maidsafe is.

They are just tech demos.

And a binary at that. I would not be surprised if it were tweaked from the source to make it work for them during this test network.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s not alpha 'till I can build it from source. Sorry!

Yup, I know these problems as well. And a fight you can see being settled in that video. IThe project is still active in a way, when I look at their slack, but I don’t expect anything coming out of it, didn’t do any work for them the last several months. Btw, I still own some Swarm, you wanna buy some? ;-). I don’t know what Safex will bring, maybe it works out well, maybe not. I bought some coins way after the crowdsale, we’ll see. But it’s a whole different project than the Swam thing.