Safe Exchange is switching gears

I agree with your statement. I’m curious how the anonymous network will be achieved. I believe Daniel is a capable person so I’ll give the benefit of the doubt. I will say though I am a little disappointed in the tonality of some of the statements he’s made recently and where he’s aiming it. But he is an ambitious person who has emotions and is anxious to get his project done so he’s obviously entitled to feel frustrated.

1 Like

There are simple tools for the average investor to look at. SafeX launched its crowd sale with source code on github and stated that it was an open source project built on the SAFEnetwork. Additionally there were statements with regard to features and timeline, none of which have shown to be real since there is no new code on Safex · GitHub that proves that.

I remember looking a couple of months after crowd sale at github and seeing no commits since the sale (red flag). Then I look at statements that MaidSafe (Open source project with bounties) isn’t going fast enough, but not one commit request or line of code from dally to MaidSafe.

I want to see SafeX succeed as much as anyone, but when it decouples from the core selling points (open source, built on SAFE) and the CTO spends all his time complaining and none in helping out the team (MaidSafe) that is staying true to their principles and building something that will (already has for me) benefit us all…well, if you decide to stay vested in SafeX then there is no one to blame but yourself and chalk it up to a good life lesson.

There is much I have learned from this journey and I know there is a whole lot more to go. I really like Dally on a personal level, and I hope the community doesn’t lose him for good. He is smart and very capable. He has tought me some great life lessons and we as a community will learn from this either way.

8 Likes

@MrAnderson I agree. I also have wondered why he doesn’t get involved in maid safe development especially the bounty program and then he chooses to make his own anonymous network? There’s something not being said here and it is strange, I won’t argue that. I just hope he stays focused or comes to his senses on the decoupling issue.

3 Likes

This really worries me. Anyone should be allowed to speak. I was wondering where you went.

If you agreed not to blackmail anymore / threaten to “release” / say things (did you agree to that by the way?) then you should have every right to stay here and discuss your views and experiences.

I didn’t know you were silenced. If you agreed not to use threatening language, and were silenced / suspended, then that is an outrage.

I guess my largest question is, did you agree to stop using threatening language?

No your topic was closed and delisted. This was done because of a clear threat, intended or not.

No forum allows that sort of topic that can bring legal repercussions onto the forum and those who pay for it (MAIDSAFE)

We actually had a discussion topic and you could speak which you did.

EDIT: Not only were you not censored but your topic/threat is still readable if people wanted to look at your profile.

4 Likes

I only replied because you claimed to be censored and not allowed to speak. But not only were you not censored, your post is still there and there was a separate topic where we (community) could discuss the reason for closing your original topic.

And you posted in it. So not only were you not censored, you were given every opportunity to discuss the problem without any threats.

He was not, nor censored either

2 Likes

One of the main reasons I invested in SEC was Daniel Dabek’s openness with his real identity and thereby his willingness to stake his reputation on the project. A reputation is a very valuable thing and the consequences for ruining it can be dire and extremely long-lasting. That provides an extra layer of protection for an investor but in this case that reputation appears to have been sold out.

1 Like

In what way has it been sold out?

Daniel seems committed to the project & says Safex coins will have a key role irrespective of the platform Safex is based on.

Seems like a lot of nonsense & FUD in this thread with little substance.

2 Likes

Guys, the network release is soon 3 years behind schedule… Anyone who has not yet made and started implementing a plan B is seriously blind to the reality.

Can you name any project that has gone several years after release announcement before actually getting the product out, and still have proven successful?

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Reply to allegation/warning made by moderators

Is this the first time you’ve seen this play out? Joel Dietz didn’t mind flushing his reputation and apparently neither does Daniel Dabek.

He hasn’t committed to the project’s GitHub repository or posted a dev update in over a month.

The SEC price immediately started dropping once he stopped coding.

He has now stated that he won’t be delivering what was promised in the crowdsale.

He is very vague about what he will produce.

Whatever it is that he supposedly will produce won’t be on GitHub regardless of the fact that he promised it would be during the crowdsale.

It isn’t hard to see where this “project” is headed.

1 Like

Can you name any single software project as ambitious as this one?

Even without considering that, the product is now out in alpha form. Your analysis doesn’t make sense in light of that.

4 Likes

It certainly is not yet in Alpha. It is in proof of concept/technology preview. TEST4 is coming and TEST5 might be the Alpha.

Then you should have Maidsafe correct their blog as it pertains to their project:

“Alpha – the core network and fundamental functionality is provided via an initial implementation, this is the first public testing phase.”

2 Likes

We are not in the public testing phase of a viable product. It is at best a private testing of one module

1 Like

What you quoted does not support your argument. We are not in public testing yet, this is community testing. HAve a quote from latest dev update:

2 Likes

More like Doublestandard_Kafir

3 Likes

That dev update seems contradictory to their roadmap description. Certainly the current testing phase is public according to any standard definition of the word.

But it still is not test any product, it is testing vaults only.

You need to be a forum reader to participate. You cannot find the binaries on their homepage, released to the public along with a release announcement.

1 Like