Safe Exchange is switching gears

And so it begins…everything I’ve been saying. Doesn’t Dally Shalla’s lawyer also own Safe Network.io or this forum name or something? I’m lost now…
Look, from the start, it has been made quite clear that Maidsafe intends to make it’s money from its apps and its had a long time to develop these. I’d say that either Maidsafe already has an exchange ready, or alternatively that their apps come from the community and partnerships are made.
The claims that Maidsafe are making something “on the fly” etc is a claim that both needs substantiating by Dally Shalla first, then responded to by Maidsafe to inform the community I think. This is just my opinion and a suggestion. :smile:

5 Likes

This also highlights the main flaw (that I pointed out) with @chadrick’s crowdfound hub - talking to the 1%, not the 99% and being sucked in to building projects on top of other projects that private interests had free reign to promote with no safeguards for the community - this private forum promotes these projects.
So, as Chadrick’s plan involved using both Decorum and Safex, does this affect Decorum? What is @Seneca’s view here?

This was quite a surprise to me and I can’t speak for @dallyshalla but I can understand wanting to build something (a proof of concept/temporary mvp/something) before the network features are totally available. As per the Crowd Found Hub; Project contributors and Makers need an exchange to trade in and out of Hub Tokens. I would prefer a distributed exchange over a centralized one and I hope SafeX can pull this off. I know lot’s of features will not exist on the safe network for a while before we will want/need them. Smart Contracts being a huge one. We will be using what is available and trying to tie things in that make sense. When the safe network features are available, the plan is to port. I don’t want to hijack this thread so if you want to talk details please do so in the Crowd Found Hub post

7 Likes

Only just recently he was actively promoting N99. Prompting people to invest in another safe app all the while feeling it will not materialize soon enough even for an already funded project to stay on course.

3 Likes

Wow, I wonder what the back story is? I do not get it safe exchange is building their own network?? It seem to me the project is not transparent with it investors and created an ICO with out any proof of concept or clear direction…

1 Like

So the next question is how/why this was allowed to happen on this private forum. The answer is that the operators of it and their “volunteers” are holding completely incompatible positions with many conflicts of interest, such as modding the forum, whilst promoting particular projects, IF these people are also involved in these projects (no idea due to lack of transparency) then there are many potential PR disasters on the horizon, as well as what I believe were promising projects being tarred.
The community needs to get to the bottom of this. I think I know what the back story is and where blame lies…and I can pinpoint the exact moment this unfolding sorry story was put on its inevitable path, to its inevitable conclusion…but that’s another story…I won’t go off topic :smile:

Yep and this is precisely why I don’t fly the flag or even consider any of these projects until I see something tangible.

Everybody is in it for money at the end of the day so I don’t appreciate it when people piss in my pocket and pretend they are on some moral high ground with their project when I know all they think about is dollar signs.

1 Like

Then go to the off-topic category and tell it. rather than blacken the names of the ones paying for this forum, the “volunteers” and all those who supported the apps being developed.

Its easy to spread FUD, now back it up. And now I said this everyone will be looking in the off-topic category for your story of corruption in high places in the owners of the forum and its “volunteers”.

9 Likes

Not all, I have it on mute and only use it to post items that don’t belong in the general categories.

On the present topic: From early on in my acquaintance with SAFE it was clear that it would be unwise for anyone to start now building a commercial operation on it, unless your “commercial operation” were actually a hobby that you hoped might become a business someday and you keep a firm grip on your day job. That’s because the time frame is quite uncertain, while business planning requires firm time frames. And that’s alright! Goes with the territory of building the equivalent of a Moon rocket. I too want this thing built properly, so that when it arrives it will sweep all before it.

5 Likes

No, Project Decorum isn’t dependent on Safe Exchange.

Not sure it matters, since I’m not involved in Safe Exchange in any way. I didn’t participate in the crowdsale nor have I bought any SEC afterwards. Daniel was helpful when I was preparing Project Decorum’s crowdsale and we talked some in Amsterdam last month at Bitcoin Wednesday Meetup. That’s the full extend of our and our project’s relationship.

10 Likes

A pivot is nothing unusual in business. There are many reasons to change direction or add a new direction and hopefully there is sound reasoning behind the moves. Lets assume @dallyshalla has good intentions and has his investors in mind when he makes decisions. We cannot automatically assume the people behind these fundraising efforts are competent and that they understand the implications of managing other peoples money and other peoples expectations. There are very good reasons the SEC exists and laws exist that protect the “unknowing public” . If you want strict rules on how your invested funds are used STAY AWAY from these forums and ad-hoc crypto crowdfunding. Buy gov bonds or rent a safety deposit box.

You are not protected in crypto-land from thievery and incompetence. All the mods in the world telling you its OK to trust somebody or have faith in their competence is NOT a reason to trust them or believe they have the talent to build a business.

FTR Im not slamming Daniel here. I’ve already had my time at ranting about safex.

Good luck Daniel.

EDIT: in this case SEC = Securities Exchange Commission

2 Likes

This is true, but just for clarification - I don’t want to suggest any mods have suggested anyone trust or invest in a particular project. I certainly didn’t while a mod and wouldn’t now either. I did express my support for Daniel and Seneca, but that’s not the same thing.

8 Likes

Sounds like he can’t just stand around, doing nothing while waiting until safenet goes stable. So he’s going to build a anonymous network. That’s going to be hard work, and hard road ahead. Either way, completely understandable. Kinda sad to see he chooses to go this route.

Crowd funding apps for safenet should be postpone until safenet is in beta and almost stable. Nobody likes to wait, and see their money goes down into the bin for nothing.

1 Like

Unfortunately to the noob and untrained participants any kind of support can be construed as an endorsement. I’m not accusing you of anything or suggesting it only happens in this forum.

I agree with your statement. I’m curious how the anonymous network will be achieved. I believe Daniel is a capable person so I’ll give the benefit of the doubt. I will say though I am a little disappointed in the tonality of some of the statements he’s made recently and where he’s aiming it. But he is an ambitious person who has emotions and is anxious to get his project done so he’s obviously entitled to feel frustrated.

1 Like

There are simple tools for the average investor to look at. SafeX launched its crowd sale with source code on github and stated that it was an open source project built on the SAFEnetwork. Additionally there were statements with regard to features and timeline, none of which have shown to be real since there is no new code on Safex · GitHub that proves that.

I remember looking a couple of months after crowd sale at github and seeing no commits since the sale (red flag). Then I look at statements that MaidSafe (Open source project with bounties) isn’t going fast enough, but not one commit request or line of code from dally to MaidSafe.

I want to see SafeX succeed as much as anyone, but when it decouples from the core selling points (open source, built on SAFE) and the CTO spends all his time complaining and none in helping out the team (MaidSafe) that is staying true to their principles and building something that will (already has for me) benefit us all…well, if you decide to stay vested in SafeX then there is no one to blame but yourself and chalk it up to a good life lesson.

There is much I have learned from this journey and I know there is a whole lot more to go. I really like Dally on a personal level, and I hope the community doesn’t lose him for good. He is smart and very capable. He has tought me some great life lessons and we as a community will learn from this either way.

8 Likes

@MrAnderson I agree. I also have wondered why he doesn’t get involved in maid safe development especially the bounty program and then he chooses to make his own anonymous network? There’s something not being said here and it is strange, I won’t argue that. I just hope he stays focused or comes to his senses on the decoupling issue.

3 Likes

This really worries me. Anyone should be allowed to speak. I was wondering where you went.

If you agreed not to blackmail anymore / threaten to “release” / say things (did you agree to that by the way?) then you should have every right to stay here and discuss your views and experiences.

I didn’t know you were silenced. If you agreed not to use threatening language, and were silenced / suspended, then that is an outrage.

I guess my largest question is, did you agree to stop using threatening language?

No your topic was closed and delisted. This was done because of a clear threat, intended or not.

No forum allows that sort of topic that can bring legal repercussions onto the forum and those who pay for it (MAIDSAFE)

We actually had a discussion topic and you could speak which you did.

EDIT: Not only were you not censored but your topic/threat is still readable if people wanted to look at your profile.

4 Likes

I only replied because you claimed to be censored and not allowed to speak. But not only were you not censored, your post is still there and there was a separate topic where we (community) could discuss the reason for closing your original topic.

And you posted in it. So not only were you not censored, you were given every opportunity to discuss the problem without any threats.

He was not, nor censored either

2 Likes