SAFE Crossroads Podcast #28 – School Class IX, Let's Grok Safecoin

Class IX, Let's Grok Safecoin

grok [Martian] literally meaning “to drink” but taken to mean “to understand at a deep, intuitive level.” (from the novel Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein, a story about a human raised by Martians)

In this Episode

Having explored the SAFE Network from end to end through our School series so far, in this Class we are finally ready let safecoin help spread our senses out through the SAFE Network as a whole. We can now begin to grok SAFE in fullness.

Now can we embrace some key aspects of the network that we’ve not yet been able to fully appreciate. We clarify and break down the types of data on the SAFE Network and start of get a grip on what can be done with them. We follow the life cycle of a safecoin and define clearly what a safecoin actually IS.

We revisit part of an earlier interview with Benjamin Bollen, who helps us understand the handling of data types in network as a whole, and what the connection and routing software libraries make available to other distributed network developers.

And finally we hear (indirectly) from David Irvine about the developments discussed in this class and what they let developers start working with, to take the SAFE Network (and other projects it will surely spawn) up to and then beyond what the current internet allows–except decentralized, economical and truly secure from the start. Very stimulating stuff.

We’ve hacked through lots of details. Now let the big picture settle in.

Magic Word

Listen for the magic word, and submit it to your LetsTalkBitcoin.com account to claim a share of this week’s listener award distribution of LTBcoin. Listeners now have a full week from the release date to submit a magic word. The magic word for this episode must be submitted by 1 pm Pacific Time on December 30, 2015.

Music

Music for this episode: Arrival and Magic Words, original pieces composed and performed by Nicholas Koteskey of Two Faced Heroes

Links

SAFE Network stack

RFC — Unified Structured Data

Layman’s explanation of above RFC by David Irvine

SAFE Network Wiki

SAFE Network Glossary

SAFEnetwork.org

SAFE Crossroads Site

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.safecrossroads.net/podcasts/safe-crossroads-podcast-28/
11 Likes

Thanks a lot for the whole serie of podcast.

1 Like

You are very welcome.

Tell me more! I enjoy doing them, and I’m really glad to know they are appreciated, but I’d like to have a better feel for how they are actually experienced by others.

1 Like