Hello all, sorry for the delay!
First of all, what you want to know: The beta builds will be delivered in the next 24 hours - I had some illness trouble (of my own fault) after going to a big party and inhaling a bunch of bonfire smoke. Silly me.
Previewed here for you in this video is me editing the default template which comes with the CMS, obviously, the app is much sharper than displayed here as I’m downsizing 1080p video to 720p:
As of right now I have only two minor things left to do:
- Selecting which template you want to use on a domain (uploading the
- Adding the “hide Built with Safe-CMS” option to the settings page.
In the last week I’ve accomplished the following:
- Finalised the simple example template
- Templates now compile down to a single, compressed, distributable file.
- Templates can now be previewed
- Fixed a TON of minor bugs in testing
- Improved filesystem performance
I’ve been playing a little bit of codegolf to try and get the template size as small as possible, here is some (pre-compression, white-space removal, etc) code as an example if you want a little bit of fun:
The way that this has been built means that it only makes modifications / enhancements to the delivered HTML, meaning the pages are crawlable and can be read in the browser (in a basic format) before the template loads.
Again, I can only apologise for the delay in delivering the betas, it’s absolutely my own fault. I don’t foresee this delay effecting the release date, I’m still planning to publish the code and builds this weekend on Github.