Safe-CMS - Censorship is a thing of the past

Welcome Andy :slight_smile: And much thanks to @Shane for the great work

3 Likes

This app would be epic! Being able to publish anything you want without worrying about getting judged or penalized in any way is crucial in todayā€™s economy.

4 Likes

Anybody know where @Shane disappeared to ? Is this a dead project? Or is somebody picking it up? Could do with something like this in place when the network launchesā€¦ :grin: wish I could code.

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a community member fork it. Itā€™s open source so itā€™s only as dead as we let it be but I do think itā€™s pretty low probability @Shane and @AndyAlban will finish it.

Itā€™d be a great candidate for a community member to hire a dev on upwork.com to finish. Itā€™s a client side app afaik. Iā€™ll see what itā€™s coded in etc and maybe leave some details here to pass on to a dev if anyone is interested??

Edit: from a quick glance it looks like mostly JavaScript and then some CSS for front end and a mention of Python for developing/building from scratch (which I believe is referring to this). I thought I remember seeing something about React in this thread too so Iā€™ll look for that but this would be easy peasy I bet. Surprised no one has taken this all the way to home base yet.

12 Likes

Iā€™m totally down to take the torch and run with it. That being said, Iā€™ve never worked on an open source project, so it feels a little like Iā€™m in the deep end.

If I could get some direction thatā€™d be awesome. In @Shaneā€™s last update he mentioned rebuilding ā€œthe app from the ground up by changing the user journey (selecting a domain, then acting within that domain, instead of constantly having to re-select your domain on posts / templates / files)ā€. I suppose thatā€™d be the first thing to work on right?

16 Likes

This is the true nature of open source and any effort, in my opinion, is a positive step in the right direction. Especially compared to the project being stagnant. So donā€™t feel too much pressure! Questions are good here but the Dev Forum is another good resource/place to get more technical answers and also provide good reading material to other future developers :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

5 Likes

Iā€™m not a wealthy man, so Iā€™m afraid I canā€™t pay you, but you will certainly be my hero forever if you pull this off. I was very disappointed when @Shane disappeared all of a sudden. I think itā€™s an extremely important project to help people who are not ā€œNerd Onesā€ to start filling the new Internet with little bits of this and that. Iā€™m not a developer, but I would gladly help you test the software, just like I was testing it a little bit for @Shane. Iā€™m sure @JPL agrees.

15 Likes

Well Iā€™ve just forked the project, and Itā€™s new home is at: GitHub - ooyendyk/safecms: A powerful content management system built on top of the SAFE Network

Thanks for the pointer! Iā€™ll be sure to hit 'em up when Iā€™ve got an issue.

Youā€™re absolutely right. Because things like Wordpress and Wix donā€™t translate to the new internet weā€™re going to need new tools. Building a dynamic SafeNet site from scratch is difficult because it requires a deep technical understanding and JavaScript Skills.

Awesome! Iā€™ll be sure to hit you up for the next release!

Hereā€™s to a new beginning! :tada:

26 Likes

Cheers and congrats on the fork!:fork_and_knife: :tada: :smiley:

7 Likes

RIght ON Man!!

Hereā€™s to a smooth process!:rice_scene::fireworks::sparkler::confetti_ball::bamboo:

9 Likes

Where is this project at folks?

@Nerd1 @happybeing @Shane

1 Like

Sadly @shane and @AndyAlban were abducted by aliens. Their exact whereabouts and the results of any probings remain unknown.

10 Likes

John, they are locked in my basement. I canā€™t believe you fell for the aliens thing.

PS I live on a boat. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

But you live in a boatā€¦ oh wait, I fell for that tooā€¦

6 Likes

Aliens, boatsā€¦ Hmmā€¦ H.P. Lovecraft, anybody?
Phā€™nglui mglwā€™nafh Cthulhu Rā€™lyeh wgahā€™nagl fhtagn.
IƤ! Shub-Niggurath!

2 Likes

All hail Cthulhu [20 chars]

5 Likes

Anyone willing to pick up this project?

5 Likes

I was browsing this one just a couple of days ago. Itā€™s kinda curious and it makes you wonder what the hell was this about. One of the great unsolved mysteries of this thread. Hopefully the mystery ā€˜who is gonna finish thisā€™ will be solved with a positive result.

11 Likes

Ok, canā€™t resist - This forum reminds me sometimes of that Eaglesā€™ song Hotel California. LOL.

1 Like

I see it as a Dyatlov Pass Incident of sorts. We all know why things froze ā€“ but why did they leave the tent?

1 Like