Safe-CMS - Censorship is a thing of the past

Hello all!

Just an update on where this project is up to: unfortunately I don’t have any fancy design images for you this time.

The project requires a NodeJS module to talk to the SafeNet, there are bits and pieces here and there in the various @maidsafe packages but no single (and simple) interface. I’m in the process of building that now and we’re looking at around 6 more days until completion.

Above is an example of the new module in action, creating a “dns” entry in the _publicNames directory and then reading the new entry back - all in an asynchronous fashion. This takes what would have been around 30-40 (pretty complicated) lines of code and provides it through a single, simple interface.

Once I’ve achieved the same result with the other key pieces of functionality I’ll be publishing the module and continuing on with the CMS build. I don’t foresee this effecting the project timeline in any way - this work was always going to have to be done, and I actually seem to be ahead of my forecast.

In the next project update I will be posting the Github link to the new NodeJS package so you can all take advantage of it.

25 Likes