A new release of the SAFE Browser (v0.8.0) compatible with the Alpha 2 network has now been published. The changes are mostly related to the safe_app/DOM APIs while also improving the developer experience. We are also releasing new versions of the example applications, which have been updated to work with the latest API changes. See last week’s update for a summary of the API changes.
All changes were at the API level and they were planned to be backward compatible with the data that is already present in the Alpha 2 network, i.e. the emails or safe:// websites in Alpha 2 should be readable/accessible with these new versions without any problems. This means you should be able to use your existing Alpha 2 account to log in and access apps you had previously authorised.
Note that web apps may not work though, or partially work, as they’ll need to adapt to the few changes in the DOM API. Also, previous versions of the example apps won’t be able to connect to the network when receiving an authorisation URI from the new browser (v0.8.0) since they will face serialisation errors.
- Upgrade authenticator plugin to v0.4.1.
- Upgrade safe-app plugin to v0.4.3 with change in DOM API as per safe_client_libs API changes.
- Support for providing crust config path with SAFE_CONFIG_PATH env var. in dev mode.
- Issue related to revocation of apps fixed thanks to safe_authenticator upgrade.
- Issue with spending PUTs on each authorisation fixed thanks to safe_authenticator upgrade.
- Some additional automated tests created.
- Additional functions in DOM API are being exposed, e.g. sign keys handling functions, network connection state functions, etc.
- Compatible with Alpha-2 network data.
- Download SAFE Browser v0.8.0 on GitHub
- Download Web Hosting Manager v0.4.3 on GitHub
- Download SAFE Mail Tutorial v0.4.2 on GitHub
If you need help with anything related to SAFE Browser, Web Hosting Manager or SAFE Mail Tutorial, please use the #support category of this forum.
Where should I report issues?
If you know which component a bug is associated with, feel free to report it on GitHub in the corresponding repo.
- Report issues with SAFE Browser
- Report issues with SAFE Authenticator
- Report issues with Web Hosting Manager
- Report issues with SAFE Mail Tutorial
- Report issues with SAFE App Node.js API
- Report issues with SAFE App DOM API
For more information on the Alpha 2 network, see the Alpha 2 topic.