SAFE browser logo ideas

We are discussing about a logo for a customize firefox, right (i mean a kind of tor borwser for maidsafe)? be casue maidsafe already have a logo-

i agree with gonefarming. maybe bugs are not good idea. certainly a bug is an error :stuck_out_tongue:

The O’reilly ANT book has a lizard on it FWIW.

1 Like

That was awesome! Mind if I put it on my site?

2 Likes

Be my guest. I wanted to flip the ant the other way but I’m at work and only had a couple of minutes to throw it together.

I don’t view an ant as something that is scalable and professional. It’s more of an insider thing. A nice SafeNet logo; no animals, bugs, or wildlife lol

3 Likes

Needs to be ants in all surfaces of a penrose triangle (i.e., the MaidSafe Triangle.

5 Likes

What’s the site you have?

Seems the trend is Keep It Simple …Verizon announces a new logo Just Like Google, Verizon Has A New Logo As Well | Ubergizmo

Lol nope!!! Sorry!!!

Jeez that’s quite an ugly logo :stuck_out_tongue:

I very much like this. I’ll see what I can put together

2 Likes

3 Likes

Handshake in front of the globe?

not author, just assembler

1 Like

to be honest … i get a little bit frightened by the little ants …
aaaaaaand to dark i think :open_mouth:
plus imagine it as a tiny little button Oo …
…i think there are a couple of problems with too complex logos …

but cool move to assemble it for illustration =)

I personally would prefer @Artiscience simpler logo here (but you do realize the firefox addon does have the maidsafe logo at the moment

and i’m perfectly fine with it as being the official logo too =D )

haha of course you can’t have that image as a logo. it have to be something simple. a 2d vector nice and clean image. @Artiscience’s image is good. i don’t know why but it reminds me of hamachi

1 Like

I like the Maidsafe logo and actually I wanted to mention that this is likely to be the plugin logo, but then I remembered that someone mentioned that there should be a difference between maidsafe as a company and safe as a network, that´s why I made a quick sketch. Would be interesting to hear labeling policy of the Maidsafe guys.

yes you are right - i thought of this difference between the network and the company too when i saw the logo :wink:
I’m pretty sure this has to be discussed by someone some time … (but not really me … because to be honest … i don’t really care … as long as it looks fine i’m ok with it plus the firefox-addon isn’t the network … so …)

I just thought I’d mention that maybe this whole discussion might be … hmmm … unnecessary … cause i think the ones delivering the addon are the ones who can decide which logo they prefer =D … or maybe they will make it customizable … all this is fun but i think nobody “official” really asked for logo suggestions xD … so …

2 Likes

actually customizable absolutely makes sense to avoid branding. And yes, anyone asked for it. I did it mainly because I like drawing up things

2 Likes

oooh and I didn’t want to say nobody should make suggestions - I loved it when @whiteoutmashups came up with the logo stuff - I think it made people think more about this topic and how important it is - suggestions are perfect - the more the better!!! :smiley: but nobody should be sad if some ideas never become reality :smile:

ps: …and maybe the developers fall in love with your logo and suddenly it is there in my browser :smiley:

2 Likes