SAFE browser logo ideas

Don’t forget the semi-official logo for ^this! :smiley:

1 Like

Isn´t that just the Firefox logo in…uhm…blue?

4 Likes

Yes!

In addition to all the great features you just described, it also has 2 words added in!

Isn’t it great? :smiley:

(lol… At least we have a working logo for it)

1 Like

No concern about copyright??

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the logo falls under copyright from mozilla since it has a proprietary license, as is evident in the iceweasel release in debian (which is rebranded bare Firefox).

So, IANAL but this logo probably shouln’t be used in any official capacity.

3 Likes

If you are looking for clarification you should write to them, this page contains some details. If you look on this page the design above looks remarkably like the firefox developer edition. While I think it is nice to tip the hat to Mozilla, it’s probably also good to find a design that is unique and promotes the attributes of the SAFE Network.

10 Likes

maybe a big ant formed from smaller ants shaking hands with a fox?

4 Likes

or a smaller fox and an ant just surrounding the earth together instead of fox solely

1 Like

or lots of ants holding a trident with a fox impaled - damn nature you’re scary! :smiley:

2 Likes

Fireant for Firefox

4 Likes

Or a pic/drawing of massive number of ants all following trails rather like a web.

Still I like the world (globe) to be in it
Maybe an ant holding up the world

But really I don’t think ants is the best for this.

4 Likes

Excellent points @dirvine K.I.S.S. - Branding is a science - Google has gone SIMPLE with new branding - Google’s look, evolved

EDIT: reply orig for @nicklambert

2 Likes

4 Likes

I feel a logo design contest coming up :smile:

1 Like

I vote for a mixture between firefox logo and Escher Ants’! :smiley:

And here alternative results about Escher Ants’

3 Likes

Looks very cool!

Let’s see some more logos!

Not even close to good with graphics but here goes anyways.

But you get the idea.

2 Likes

So, IANAL but this logo …

I try not to be crude on forums, but I can’t help but see the irony of this acronym!!

1 Like

I love Escher, but I really think ants are not the way to go. I see the connection, from David’s original inspiration for the SAFE Network, but given many people’s aversion to creepy crawlies, we might be alienating a huge percentage of potential users the moment they look at the logo.

It seems incorporating ants into the logo is quite popular, and I’d like to see it as well (because I’m more attracted to the brilliance of their ecosystem and cooperation), but stepping back I would not want to turn off a massive percentage of potential users just because of the logo design.

If ants are voted in, I’d say there should be thousands of them so when viewed in a logo, they merely resemble a pattern, not what they are as individuals. This design approach would also speak to SAFE Network actually running in real time, i.e. thousands of them in cooperation, it won’t be one to five ants circling a globe.

5 Likes

Well the ant can be a cute little ant in cute little boots and cute little hat wearing cute little tool belt as if some kind of cute little network engineer maybe a little bit retarded meaning it’s real easy to use SAFEnetwork…

But seriously I need my fix man it’s 2 days late

1 Like