SAFE Browser Application Packages || Dev Update

Just for clarity, does the newest Linux (Ubuntu) build (0.2.2) still require all the npm steps? Those are still giving the same errors. Or is this 0.2.2 one supposed to be click & go like the Windows one was? I clicked the application (0.2.2) and nothing happened. Waited 5min watching

1 Like

I’m gettting an error when trying to launch this. Couldn’t run this so I tried opening it from the terminal and this is what I got.

[blindsite@localhost safer-beaker-browser-0.2.2] ./SAFE\ Beaker\ Browser A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: Cannot find module '/home/blindsite/Downloads/safer-beaker-browser-0.2.2/resources/app.asar/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/binding/electron-v1.3-linux-x64/node_sqlite3.node' at Module._resolveFilename (module.js:440:15) at Function.Module._resolveFilename (/home/blindsite/Downloads/safer-beaker-browser-0.2.2/resources/electron.asar/common/reset-search-paths.js:35:12) at Function.Module._load (module.js:388:25) at Module.require (module.js:468:17) at require (internal/module.js:20:19) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/blindsite/Downloads/safer-beaker-browser-0.2.2/resources/app.asar/node_modules/sqlite3/lib/sqlite3.js:4:15) at Module._compile (module.js:541:32) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:550:10) at Module.load (module.js:458:32) at tryModuleLoad (module.js:417:12) ^C[blindsite@localhost safer-beaker-browser-0.2.2]

Am I missing a prerequisite or something?

Morning, just back from hols and catching up here.

@whiteoutmashups the new builds should not require any npm ing. If you’re getting errors that means something is going wrong with the travis builds. I’ll fire in with this asap and get linus up and going. (You’re on which version of linux?)

@Blindsite2k what OS and version are you using?

4 Likes

Ubuntu 14.04

Welcome back! :smiley:

Fedora 21, haven’t had a chance to install 22 yet.

I’ve been getting my docker on this evening to build with ubuntu 16.04, which was failing before. It’s coming along, and if these packages work I’ll be setup to get this into the automated build pipeline also.

New linux builds can be found here: Release Linux build tests · joshuef/beaker · GitHub

An updated electron builder here might hopefully fix some problems… Any reports of success/less-than-success would be most welcome.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve set myself up with some VBs for testing ubuntu 14/16.

16 works fine with the original releases in the link, I’ve updated a build from ubuntu 14 as well in there. (deb file only).

@whiteoutmashups, you were installing via this .deb file correct? If so, the ubuntu14 version should work for you now.

3 Likes

Great, will test and get back to you today!

1 Like