Safe auth errors today?

Getting odd errors today that seem centered on auth

$ ./safe auth start
Starting SAFE Authenticator daemon (safe-authd)...
[Error] GeneralError - Failed to start safe-authd daemon '/home/safe/.safe/authd/safe-authd' (exit code: 1)
[2020-05-04T16:06:05Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdError - Failed when invoking safe-authd executable from '/home/safe/.safe/authd/safe-authd'
$ ./safe auth -V
safe-auth 0.12.0

test uploads were getting similar… I guess some change… and pause for now before trying again.

2 Likes

Have you built safe-cli locally ?

I get this with a recent build

1 Like

No… got errors did install script again. Not rigorous but impression that it’s failing… I did wonder the connection due to broadband might be triggering this.

If others are uploading and not having a problem, that’s useful to know.

User error?.. replace user??

2 Likes

I was not expecting the AccesDenied Errror. That is not a file I have e ever tried to upload before

what does ls -l backtick which safe backtick give you?

safe -V is imprecise if you have built locally

I’ve not built locally… just the usual looking to shared section. Not to worry expect it’ll come right again… I wonder this one has been up a long while and there was some suggestion they might bring chaos to test it. I keep forgetting password so, trying to create new account perhaps is affected.

2 Likes

Perhaps you can try with safe auth restart ?
Also, you can try to get an status report with safe auth status to confirm its up and running.

You just need to self-authorise the CLI when loging in.

2 Likes

doh!!!
thank you @bochaco

2 Likes

no time atm but getting

$ safe auth status
Sending request to authd to obtain a status report...
+------------------------------------------+-------+
| SAFE Authenticator status                |       |
| Authenticator daemon version             | 0.0.8 |
| Logged in to a SAFE account?             | Yes   |
| Number of pending authorisation requests | 0     |
| Number of notifications subscribers      | 0     |

and

INFO 2020-05-05T06:40:42.738866505+01:00 [safe-authd/operations.rs:146] authd instance starting (PID: 10255)...
INFO 2020-05-05T06:40:42.739082525+01:00 [safe-authd/operations.rs:174] Initialising SAFE Authenticator services...
ERROR 2020-05-05T06:40:42.740595627+01:00 [safe-authd/main.rs:97] safe-authd error: [Error] GeneralError - Failed to bind endpoint: [Error] GeneralError - Failed to bind QUIC endpoint: failed to set up UDP socket: Address already in use (os error 98)
$ safe auth restart
Stopping SAFE Authenticator daemon (safe-authd)...
No running safe-authd process (with PID 7326) was found
Starting SAFE Authenticator daemon (safe-authd)...
[Error] GeneralError - Failed to start safe-authd daemon '/mnt/vault/.safe/authd/safe-authd' (exit code: 1)
[2020-05-05T05:40:43Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdError - Failed when invoking safe-authd executable from '/home/safe/.safe/authd/safe-authd'
$ safe auth -V
safe-auth 0.12.0

I think this is my confusion btw but perhaps needs to accommodate stupid user, trying to start two or breaking links to them while trying to fix :smiley:

I’ll likely need to do a tidy up later to refresh and start over.

I think you have some old authd (version < 0.0.8) running which cannot be stopped with latest CLI. You’ll have to make sure you kill it/them with killall safe-authd and then you should be able to start authd again with safe auth start

4 Likes

So, this is me being stupid user… reset and all is well…

2 Likes

I too have had many such moments. Good old @bochaco. He has the patience of a saint.

4 Likes

I have that T-shirt. Getting more printed. What size would you like?

2 Likes

Do you ship to England?

2 Likes

For the time being. Once we regain our rightful place in the EU, there may be some difficulties*, but rest assured we will do our utmost to satisfy our loyal customers,

*surcharges may apply.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Nationalism and other isms

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.