SAFE app devs for hire

Creating a thread for potential employers to find SAFE app devs, in response to the following:

Developers, use this thread to post your profile/ CV:

8 Likes

We created a subreddit a while ago

Actually waiting for more dedicated people in this community to run it
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This thread is a great idea.

Gives people a place on this forum to post their ideas and budgets, and attract potential devs in our safenetforum community

Fully support this thread, great idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hunter Lester

Areas of experience: React, Redux, Rust, ImmutableJS, Chai, Mocha, TDD, SocketIO, Webpack, ES5, ES6, Angular 1.x, HTML, CSS, native Javascript DOM methods, git, GitHub, Mongoose, MongoDB, Express, NodeJS, Gulp, PassportJS, JsonWebTokens, Bootstrap, Foundation, vim, Docker, AWS, WordPress

Background:
I’ve spent the last 2 years working as a web developer with a previous career in agriculture. I spent years managing a crew of 8 to 15 people to efficiently ship and receive fresh produce to and from the greater western States of North America. It was there that I learned efficiency, where a less than 1% profit margin kept all of our jobs consistently on the line. As a milker on a raw dairy, I was responsible for the integrity of goat and cow milk production, where anything other than utmost attention to detail meant the harm of a human life consuming our milk.

Studying has always been a passion of mine; from equine behavior and Sanskrit, as a teenager, to holistic land management, accounting, Afro-based dance, and computer science, as an adult.

I’m currently studying Rust using the strict compiler as my teacher as I learn systems programming. This is also making me think more about memory management and design choices as I program in higher level languages for web development.

Work summary:
I’ve worked on a variety of web development projects developing both front and back end, while also helping to make database data model choices.

• Healthcare application for Fresno, CA based youth counseling services to manage State billing, clients, counselors, and more
    See demo (contact me if server is down at time of this reading)
    username: hunterlester
    password: hunterlester

• Social media platform, focused on subject matter
    This repository holds the prototype for a social media platform that I helped spearhead for another company in Fresno, CA
    The idea was to focus the user’s experience on subject matter first instead of following users and being exposed to their every post.

• Proposal Generator
    This generator is to create proposals for the Dash network’s governance system

• Wordpress template development for http://shift3tech.com/

Links:
Github repository
NPM module to help manage deeply nested data
Stackoverflow Profile
Twitter

SAFE projects:

Salary requirements:
My priority is the success of the SAFE network. If I see a project that brings value to users and the network, I may decide to work on it for free.
Otherwise I’m looking to cover basic living costs for my family at around $40,000 per year or about $20 per hour.

11 Likes

Hi Hunterlester,

We have a project called PasPost. ( paspost.com ) registered in Norway.
This project aims to disrupt multi-billion economies in logistics, postal services and transport.
In the era of IoT when goods are ordered by machines or humans, PasPost will be fast and cheaper than postal and other expensive logistic services. People can share this economy among themselves and give services to each other. PasPost is scalable and profitable and can be used by anyone worldwide. It will make a change for people not only in developed countries but also in developing countries from far villages in India and Africa to Alaska. We need a developer/co-founder who can lead this project and makes a demo app and prepares this project for fundraising with tokens and crowdsale. (60% of worldwide fees goes to token holders, 20% for you and 20% for us ? )
I explained this project to David Irvine and he said its a great opportunity and ask me to discuss it with the forum. If you are interested please contact me.

Regards,
Parsa Shirkhani
Norway

5 Likes

He’s since been hired by Maidsafe themselves I’m afraid Parsa.

1 Like

Thanks for info Jabba, we prefer to work with someone who knows Maidsafe. but there are not many of them …

3 Likes

@Parsa This sounds great, @whiteoutmashups always has a lot on his plate but he knows a lot of movers and shakers in the space so having him aware of it could be helpful if he happens to know anyone. Also soon there will be a Java API for integrating with Safe that I think any external dev could most likely handle. Maidsafe is making it increasingly easier for new devs and in time it will be as easy as making a web app for the legacy internet so don’t shy away from this project or be discouraged. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips @Nigel I will contact @whiteoutmashups , appreciate your suggestions … :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Parsa,

Thank you for reaching out.

In the coming months I’ll be in contact with many more developers that are learning our network API’s.

I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for you and send some good candidates your way.

7 Likes

Hi @hunterlester , I appreciate it. We have done market research and the project will be huge and profitable in the long term.
To begin with we need a serious and ambitious Dev / project manager as our co-founder who is familiar with Maidsafe API and have time and dedication.
We need a MVP which should not be difficult to make, to integrate with maidsafe network,
a professional website on Maidsafe, fundraising webpage and dash-port site like NVO.io or preparation for Bnktothefuture.
We hope you find someone for us :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Parsa

2 Likes

Contract [principal, fullstack, devops] development for your Rust-based SAFE project

As I moonlight on my projects I would like to develop SAFE software (apps and CLI tools) for others to earn income while learning SAFE. Additionally, I would like to begin contributing to SAFE’s design now that it is nearing an initial release and I can only do that at a high quality level with practical experience.

High quality software consulting and production at a medium rate

• Over ~20 years I have developed web apps, web services, tablet and mobile apps, smartwatch apps, and command-line tools. Although I’ve used the programming languages PHP, Ruby, C, Objective-C, and TypeScript in the past, I’m only interested in projects using Rust and optionally web stack tech such as HTML/CSS. I’ve been using Rust daily for more than two years and would consider myself at an intermediate skill level with it. A goal of mine is to attain an advanced skill level with Rust by 2022.
  • I will work on anything that does not exploit people or involve software patents.
  • Being a technical founder and having experience with all aspects of startups and roles of software production, I can also fulfill other duties such as project management, architecture, UX design, and infrastructure.
  • I produce high quality software quickly. Moreover, I organize projects into milestones to ensure rapid results, short feedback cycles, and to minimize your capital risk.
  • My rate is $80/hr with timesheets provided.
  • Based in the USA.
  • Time I spend learning Rust or SAFE is at my expense and not yours.
  • Accepting MAID and BTC for payment.
  • Client review

Good business extends beyond the transaction

When you hire me you indirectly benefit SAFE. In my first SAFE client project I created two example projects[0][1] that have and will benefit both developers of SAFE as well developers for SAFE. The examples were derived from a long conversation that I hope is equally helpful to others. As it generated this discussion I’m encouraged that it will. Finally, work I’ve done has been acknowledged in several MaidSafe Network Dev Updates[2][3][4].

Thank you for your consideration.

18 Likes

So upon seeing the offer from latch I decided to make contact. Previous to this I have reached out to a few developers (not on this forum) with the possibility of doing some work on a safe network product or project. The results have been less than reasonable due to the lack of understanding on how such a network functions. This has not been a problem with latch as he has spent significant time doing background research on safe and the technologies he intends to use to make your project as you expect. The rate is high but the work is professional and I can recommend him on getting working software if you want to get an MVP up off the ground quickly. The timesheets appear accurate and honest for a remote worker. I personally will be working with him again.

20 Likes

That is really great to hear, we need much more of this and I can tell you that the Engineers in maidsafe who have come from the community, have such passion and energy that they shine. The mix of understanding the vision, believing in it and executing on it is what we need.

I am not discounting purely professional engineers who do a great days work though. Even those who are not in the community can be amazing, however they are rare. So the community link and passion makes folk just more likely move things forward (not guaranteed, just more likely).

Folk like @Shane @happybeing @anon57419684 @mav @tfa and many many more show this passion and the energy it brings.

22 Likes