Safe app development Twitch live stream at midday

Hello all! As promised, I’ll be going live on Twitch at 12:00 GMT (in about 35 minutes). The URL is: https://www.twitch.tv/badcodeshane and I look forward to seeing a few of you there. :smiley:

Today, I’m going to be working my way through the SafeCMS issues list on Github (https://github.com/badcodeltd/safecms/issues) in no particular order.

I’ll try to over-explain things for the beginners and non-programmers, but if you have a question I’ll be reading the chat. Apologies to those who are technically literate for the huge amount of mistakes I’ll be making and if you’re sat there screaming “I ALREADY KNOW THIS THING!”.

15 Likes

The twitch site wouldn’t load for me for some reason. Hopefully the stream was recorded and you
will be able to republish to vimeo or youtube? Regardless, great idea.

2 Likes

Working on my end. Don’t worry @Shane I’m sure the rubber duckie was just as nervous as you :laughing:

1 Like

It is being recorded. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could a well develop decentralized OS like FriendUp be running on the safenetwork? Why not try to make contact with them and see whats posible. Should i contact Doug for this? Thx steve

1 Like

Not working for me either - even the sign up is slow and broken. Tried desktop and mobile sites (not going to install an app).

Nicely done Shane, glad to see so many people watching the stream.

edigera

Ooops, did just now realise that I don’t know so well how Twitch works, sorry. Is the 356 total stream viewers? Either way, nicely done, will try and watch it later from the begining.

6 Likes

Great to see a wizard at work :mage:

3 Likes

Heya, the stream is over now (I went for 4 hours, man is it exhausting talking while coding!), the link is here: Twitch

I can’t imagine you’ll get much out of it, since you’re already a professional, but others may. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

There’s always something to learn :slight_smile:

Even the idea was me to me. I think it’s great.

2 Likes

Hello all, just a heads up: I’ll be streaming again tonight at 18:00 GMT until ~22:00 GMT @ Twitch

Again, I’ll be going over Electron app development in the SAFE Network as I work on Github issues and try to get automatic generation of index.html pages working on blogs. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice. Will give us something to watch while we wait for the dev update. (Too cold for the pub tonight):slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Aye, that it is. To paraphrase a work colleague: “It’s a bit Russian out today”

5 Likes

You know nothing, Shane Armstrong…

6 Likes

Went out earlier and it almost felt like my face going to fall of from the cold and strong wind. :smile:

2 Likes

Bloody Russians are even hacking our weather now …

3 Likes

This will be slightly delayed - I’ll go live at 6:30. :slight_smile: A specification meeting with a client over ran. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is now live. :slight_smile:

4 Likes