SAFE API Overview (Joseph’s Safe Websites Project)

Here is the documentation I have been working on for the SAFE API

This part of the Joseph's Safe Websites Project - #45 by Joseph_Meagher poll.
This is aimed at developers new or just starting out with the SAFE Network. I am still a beginner as well so take everything written with a grain of salt.
This is not finished and still being written, please leave any suggestions or criticisms here. Feel free to fork it and make pull requests.

24 Likes

I have updated the documentation to be a bit more readable with more headings and seperated content. I am also planning to go into how my own websites from Joseph's Safe Websites Project interact with the Safe API.

3 Likes

Updated the documentation with more content and sections, more readable as well as a new flow chart.

20 Likes

That’s helpful.

I’m guessing NFS is network file storage.

What size for mutable and immutable?.. what size of key and of value??

2 Likes

Each MD object has 2 limits: 1000 entries, 1MB max.

2 Likes

Beat me to it, also

Immutable Data holds a single value. Its size is only limited by the current Test Network/Alpha 2 restrictions or when the network is fully released the amount of SAFE Coin you have.

The flow chart just gives a small overview, but the documentation goes into a lot more detail and should answer any questions you have. If it doesn’t please let me know here so I can answer and add it to the document later

4 Likes

Updated the document. It is now a website using github pages

9 Likes

This is fantastic, thanks for your efforts! :smiley:

3 Likes