SAFE Ambassador title

Thanks but I wouldn’t really know what country to put. Malaysia? Singapore? HK, it would be hard for me if it’s bound to a certain place.

Probably Malaysia I guess. For the Meetups we have here

5 Likes

I believe it is not a problem the title to be and only SAFE Ambassador… But if someone wants something specific like the name of a country, a city, a group of people is also ok :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Not everybody cares for titles, but I do second this.

8 Likes

SouthKorea / Seoul / SeungMinLee

Do you have any examples of what you are currently doing.

Some examples of what I mean

• links to sites where you are active?
  • Pictures of where you are talking about SAFE to others?
  • Links to any material you have produced
  • or any other examples of activities.

Please just saying you are doing something only gives no evidence. Maybe get others to post about your activities with some verifiable examples

8 Likes

Hi, @neo

I am co-founder of @KafkaLee.

We make a telegram based Cosmos wallet; Lunagram. If you use android phone, you can use it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lunamint.lunagram

This is github Lunagram (daniel) · GitHub
We are open source project and decentralized wallet.

This is our first product, and this idea comes from kafkaLee (Attaching blockchain based decentralized finance system to 200M telegram users)

He always stressed the importance of consensus engines. And he has been paying attention to MaidSafe for about 10 years and has been introducing the project to Korea. But most of community member can’t endure this long time and gone (He was blamed from general people that time…)

However, KafkaLee has been constantly watching MaidSafe and delivered to Korea the news that PARSEC was successful last year (But people didn’t know what happens).

The MaidSafe slove the decentralization without blockchain (it is technical Marvel…). At blockchain field, Tendermint consensus engine implement one block finality. So, we think it is good for whole ecosystem. We translate every official post and hold meet up.

This is our results for 2.5 years
Cosmos Korea – Lunamint ATLAS – Medium
Login to Meetup | Meetup
The Cryptocurrency Manifesto - YouTube

We have done this work as a community member not core team member or PR agency. And I like to show the result first (so as Lee). Now, we start little contribution like translate weekly report etc. That is first :slight_smile:

The reason I wrote this long is that Kafka has talked a lot about MaidSafe more than anyone in the south korea, and really really excited that Parsec was complete. And I want to show that we are result and product oriented person not title oriented. :slight_smile:

I can contribute in the same way as a translator, a meet up holder but he always think what applications to make if a safe network comes along. And I fully agree with his claim that building good applications is the best way to expand the ecosystem.

7 Likes

Hey @bridge, do you understand that the SAFE Ambassador title is for people promoting the SAFE Network and not for Cosmos?

These are two fundamentally different projects. The SAFE Network is permissionless “impossible” network, Cosmos is permissioned blockchain…

1 Like

I show the product to solve the misconception that he is just someone who is interested in the title. He is very application and result oriented dev.

The results for maidsafe is first. (He does this very long time but no record…) So, I do not think it is appropriate to discuss the ambassador title right now.

And we will start a visible action for MaidSafe. That is my points.

9 Likes

@bridge Thank you for the clarification and thank you too @KafkaLee for the efforts and the faith in MaidSafe. With great interest I will follow your efforts for a new SAFE world! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I hope that we will attach safenet to Telegram users soon.

Then, telegram users could see a safenet based video contents at group chat :slight_smile:

The china could ban Youtube but not safenet.

@Dimitar thanks for kinds word!

5 Likes

Let us all congratulate our two new SAFE ambassadors: @Sotros25 and @oetyng!

Respect comrades! :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Is there a list available of all Ambassadors?

2 Likes

maybe make a wiki where all info is there, or a wiki category and posts in it for every info that one would want to search

1 Like

added in the first post of the topic! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Can we have more transparency about ambassadors - announcements (I’ve not seen any), who decides and how etc?

6 Likes

Of course, it is decided by the administrators and moderators with a vote for each proposal.

The announcement is here in this thread and then added to the first post. Of course the details of this were specified in the work process. The next announcements will be smoother.

3 Likes

See opening post. The oetyng suggestion was not posted here however. Probably better to prevent that in the future.

1 Like

Thanks, I probably forgot there was info there - I suggest each award be announced in a way that is more explicit - saying congratulations didn’t indicate that to me. I thought it was a community comment. I suggest:

"The SAFE Community forum are pleased to announce xxx as the new SAFE Ambassador for yyy. This is for their work blah blah…

See this post for a full list and more details on how to become an ambassador."

I think it would be great if @Maidsafe would highlight their status and work on safenetwork.tech (while pointing out it is an independent community title).

I really value this kind of work and want to us to acknowledge that fully. The announcement can be posted to twitter, reddit etc, and be a feature of blog posts (community and /or Maidsafe), and of course in the weekly update.

@Dimitar if you’d like to edit your post announcements so outsiders can understand it I’ll be tweeting link to it in no time :smile: Most links I tweet get > 25 visits within a day, so I think it’s a good way to spread the word about SAFE having a committed community, and getting people interested to discover why.

10 Likes

I agree with your suggestion, but it only needs to be written by someone more literate than me :wink:

2 Likes

If the ambassadorships are for 6 months only, then there should be a date in the opening post for each ambassador so everyone knows exactly WHEN they became an ambassador, and when the privileges could expire.

4 Likes