SAFE Ambassador title

See opening post. The oetyng suggestion was not posted here however. Probably better to prevent that in the future.

1 Like

Thanks, I probably forgot there was info there - I suggest each award be announced in a way that is more explicit - saying congratulations didn’t indicate that to me. I thought it was a community comment. I suggest:

"The SAFE Community forum are pleased to announce xxx as the new SAFE Ambassador for yyy. This is for their work blah blah…

See this post for a full list and more details on how to become an ambassador."

I think it would be great if @Maidsafe would highlight their status and work on safenetwork.tech (while pointing out it is an independent community title).

I really value this kind of work and want to us to acknowledge that fully. The announcement can be posted to twitter, reddit etc, and be a feature of blog posts (community and /or Maidsafe), and of course in the weekly update.

@Dimitar if you’d like to edit your post announcements so outsiders can understand it I’ll be tweeting link to it in no time :smile: Most links I tweet get > 25 visits within a day, so I think it’s a good way to spread the word about SAFE having a committed community, and getting people interested to discover why.

10 Likes

I agree with your suggestion, but it only needs to be written by someone more literate than me :wink:

2 Likes

If the ambassadorships are for 6 months only, then there should be a date in the opening post for each ambassador so everyone knows exactly WHEN they became an ambassador, and when the privileges could expire.

4 Likes

thank you, I added a re-election date.

3 Likes

maybe a post for each ambassador where people can interact with him, or even give praise to each ambassador individually?

it could be a fault report too, so if someone does something faulty it can be address individually here

4 Likes

also add links to the threads of each ambassador here in the first post!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: SAFE Network Dev Update - August 15, 2019

Vote Dimitar 2020 campaign! :ballot_box_with_check:

8 Likes

Also, depending on how busy he is, I’d definitely personally vouch for @Harvindar to be an ambassador. He truly amazed me at how much he does behind the scenes, starting WhatsApp groups, small events, etc.

If he responds and wants it, I’d nominate him

4 Likes

I want to urge him to share what he is doing in the forum. We can all win by learning from each other. Also, in order for moderators to vote for someone to receive the title, there must be evidence of work done.

8 Likes

He posts about it on facebook more often than on here. And he’s never really been seeking to maximize credit, so just does things where it’s comfortable for him.

But he seems to log in here from time to time. Hopefully the tag will give him a prod to give his input here @Harvindar

5 Likes

Hi Will. Thank you for the support. I like everything Maidsafe does on social platforms. Fb. Twitter and even Linkedin. Have sold almost 3 million maidsafescoins to a small Malaysian community and they are all loyally waiting for launch. A few of them are hardcore fans. Most of my immediate family have bought. So i have a lot riding on this project. Seldom say much in the forum since there are so many i can learn frm here :blush:

17 Likes

Well there you have it folks :trophy:

My official nomination goes right there.

Well deserved. Great guy.

And you chose the right project, @Harvindar

9 Likes

I guess the next big decision we need to make is which launch party to attend?
3million maids… there is going to be some big party in Malaysia.

So where do we go, Malaysia, Scotland, England, Netherlands… i’m sure the numbers will dwarf Glastonbury … we probably need to organise a festival with real ale, whisky and good food.

14 Likes

Scotland all the way.

2 Likes

53 posts were split to a new topic: Cross-border ramblings

If there is one in Malaysia everyone here will get an invite :blush:

11 Likes

It is the most exciting project. Has thought me patience and i also have met new people who have become good friends :relaxed:

7 Likes

There’s so many MaidSafe communities. @Sotros25 back in the USA (Chicago?), @hunterlester in SF Cali, @Dimitar in Bulgaria, not to mention the official ones on meetup, with Kampala coming soon. Maybe even Safex will migrate back from blockchain one safe runs well enough. And that’s in Ukraine or something.

Really amazing what the community does on their own. Will probably be lots of launch parties but a Scottish one with Mr Irvine seems to be the only one that really matters in my eyes :joy:

5 Likes