SAFE AI work? - Dr Barry Porter Lancaster Uni

@dirvine ,

You will remember my long-standing interest in developing my Avatar which can eventually live on SAFEnet - a few weeks ago I read a response from you on some thread (which I can’t remember now) but to finish up you said something like: “I need to get back to my AI work” - was this just a joke wrt to what the discussion was about or are you actively working on some AI project for SAFEnet?

My own stuff in this area goes slowly because of time needing to be spent on unrelated areas but I have been in touch with Dr Barry Porter at Lancaster Uni and am looking into his work:

REX: a development platform and online learning approach for Runtime emergent software systems

as something that might help me with my particular needs for how my Avatar should work.

Anyway, if you have started to do anything with AI for SAFE I would love to hear about it . .

Regards,
Phil.

3 Likes

Check out David’s neuroevolution library

6 Likes

Link? A search on the forum didn’t find anything . .

Thanks,
Phil.

3 Likes

Hey @dirvine I didn’t know you were playing with GAs. These are an old favourite of mine :-). I created a Genetic Algorithm workbench in 1987 and did various consultancy applying them. Nearly got to play with a Thinking Machines supercomputer. I used to wonder if I can find a ways to apply their power in a decentralised way. I look forward to seeing this and other ways of developing ML on this tech. Good luck.

10 Likes

Sorry @philip_rhoades I meant to look but just walked into the last Jedi!!!

7 Likes

Wait, you just met the last Jedi?

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Feeling very punny today… :joy:

3 Likes