Results/Compare Cloud hosting Companies

Maybe we can use this topic to compare prices/bandwidth/memory etc from all the companies that could be used to host vaults if you’re not able to run vaults from home.

Download && Run: Uses speedTest.net low-latency servers

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
chmod +x speedtest-cli
./speedtest-cli

DigitalOcean – Cheapest, currently 5$ droplet

System / KVM hypervisor
1core – 512MB Mem
20GB SSD storage
1TB Transfer

Option: Availability to manually spread VM/Droplets to different regions around the globe: yes

SpeedTest (average multiple tests)

safe@vault:~$ ./speedtest-cli
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from DigitalOcean (67.205.157.5)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by fdcservers.net (New York City, NY) [8.78 km]: 3.118 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 1271.52 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
Upload: 475.18 Mbit/s
17 Likes

vultr free 60 days trial : ( 5 usd / month after )

vCore 768 MB ram
15 GB SSD
1 TB / month

Hosted by LeaseWeb (Haarlem) [1.54 km]: 1.992 ms
Download: 885.38 Mbit/s
Upload: 253.66 Mbit/s

5 Likes

AWS etc have free trials too right?

4 Likes

Hetzner vServer (cheapest 4.64 €):
https://www.hetzner.de/gb/hosting/produkte_vserver/cx10

RAM 1 GB
SSD 25 GB
Connection 1 Gbit/s
Traffic 2 TB

6 Likes

Yes, you could check “aws free tier” . it is 1 year free vm, but I think you are charged for traffic.

I couldnt pass their credit card and phone checks, while both work elsewhere. Opened a ticket about one week ago, still no answer…

Worth mentionning too. :

OVH OpenStack KVM
1 vCore
2.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
10 GB SSD
Local RAID 10

$3.49/month

Unmetered , but speedtest shows 90 mb/s for both up and down. Ping 12 ms
Unmetered but not very fast !

2 Likes

Yes I had the same issue with the phone checks. They responded to the ticket to ask me when they can call me but after I provided them with info no call back.

Haha same here! I waited and waited for a response and nothing. Then I tried again a few days later and left the initial zero off my phone number and it verified straight away. If that was the problem you’d think they’s flag it with an error message. Seems Amazon try and make it hard as possible for you to get anything for free.

1 Like

I was only charged for traffic after the 15GB outgoing in the month. This was for an Australian sign up. I gather other countries are different.

1 Like

Great Job
Great Job
Great Job

2 Likes

wauw that Hetzener is really cheap :slight_smile: so do you know if they allow mining too?

my current is Windows VPS is from Launchhost in the Netherlands

4x Intel Xeon (4vCPU’s @3,40Ghz)
2GB RAM
60 GB SSD
Unlimited bandwith
DDoS Protection
1 Gbit/s shared
KVM

€ 15,00 per month

3 Likes

Amazing for this price :astonished:

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Hello Manu

You’re welcome. But they are virtual CPU’'s . I’m looking for a dedicated server for an affordable price do you know any providers?