REQUEST: For Training Category

Hello I would like to request a training category be added to this forum. There are many people and to come that would like to learn how to do things such as build apps for the network and a training category would mean people can post walkthroughs, videos, tutorials and documents.

2 Likes

We did have a little discussion on this a few weeks ago with mods. I think we indeed should have something like that. So let’s tag @moderators to see what they think. And of course what the community thinks.

3 Likes

Well if we have people who can and are willing to provide the content then I think we should have a category for it.

2 Likes

I think a training category with tutorials and instructions on how to use the network makes sense. As @neo mentioned it is only worth creating this category if we know for sure people will be using it.

As for tutorials on how to develop for the network, it makes more sense to have those posted on the Safedev forum. Because people will surely ask questions about the tutorial and people on the dev forum will be better suited to answer these.

3 Likes

+1

That’s exactly what I was about to answer. As mentioned in the last dev update, we’re working on a tutorial about the SAFE Browser and the DOM APIs and we’re planning to post it on the Dev Forum.

I think the Dev Forum would be a good place to host developer tutorials. There is currently an API category which could be used to post developer tutorials, but it could also make sense to have a Tutorials category (maybe as a subcategory of the API category).

3 Likes