Removal of MaidSafe Assets from Bitker

I was able to withdraw my thousands o’ MAID on “2019-07-06” at “07:58:22”. My main trouble was logging in, which eventually worked. Then I had trouble finding out how to withdraw, which took quite a few steps figuring out their “fund address” setup.

I have absolutely no idea why they would selectively not allow certain people. Maybe I got lucky with some certain time to withdraw? Not sure what kind of messages they’re going back and forth with for Nick Lambert.

2 Likes

Not sure of the situation here, but typically this happens on exchanges when they don’t have the coins required to fulfill everyone’s withdraw requests. They do some withdraws still so that the game of musical chairs keeps running (new deposits keep coming in and trading fees keep being collected).

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey @nicklambert , can you tell if you were able to get back all MAID before they being hacked?

Hi @Dimitar. No, so far we’ve not been able to recover our funds. We’ve been pursuing alternatives to recover these over recent weeks so I can’t say too much about it but given the information that’s been filtering out so far, it doesn’t look very promising I’m afraid. Irrespective of money, this episode is particularly frustrating as despite carrying out as much diligence as we could at the time, we’ve spent an inordinate amount of time chasing them in a number of different ways over the past weeks in our efforts to get visibility/our funds back/warning other people. Again, I can’t say too much in case it prejudices any actions that we might take - but you can be assured that we’re not fans of Bitker… BTW we received the notification today that they were closing via a mass Telegram notification in exactly the same way as every other user of the exchange.

7 Likes

Can you see what the Bitker MAID addresses are and give them to the other exchanges to block them and prevent the “hacker” from selling them?

Still like the wild West out there

1 Like

It’d be great if Fleming’s launch is paired with a reputable exchange listing (or two). While listing fees are really annoying and the priority is of course delivering the SAFE Network, my top picks would be as follows:

7 Likes

Haha, we’ve certainly chatted a ton about MAID, but sadly that’s not how listings happen

4 Likes

Genuine question, do either of you believe the current Gatekeepers of the decentralisation movement remain in their current form in 2/5/10 years time?

Particularly how will SafeCoin fall into that future equation with its focus on unwavering Privacy?

MaidSafes vision and steady hand have seen us dodge a bunch of bullets, May they continue to…

1 Like
6 Likes

Not sure about Fleming, or is Fleming the new name of Beta launch?

If so then I agree.

But also think lots more things are needed. Perhaps even an additional, beginner-focused forum and help sites for the masses.

If this really gets as big as we dreamed, I don’t really think we’re fit for all the activity. Need to kinda get back to the simple basics that people will need, to understand. There’s lots of iterations. Launcher, Peruse conversations etc and things have changed so much so often.

What do you guys think, about ways to restart as simplistic as possible, to really get adopted? Just random thoughts off the top of my head. Our current releases only get tested by the same few people each time, because it’s still a bit heady and involved, to get up and running from here.

Once it’s truly ready, ofc though.

4 Likes

All the dated stuff on the forum needs to be purged and I agree that it needs to be used friendly before anything major occurs

2 Likes

@Sotros25

Have you and your friend talked about the infrastructure needed to support Safecoin?
Its not a blockchain coin so doesn’t do self accounting via an inbuilt ledger.

They may need to create a perpetual database on the SAFENetwork to keep a record of transactions.

1 Like

Will this be a blocker to exchanges listing Safecoin

1 Like

Once you send legacy crypto to an exchange you lose your control over private keys. From our perspective it mayaswel be a database running the exchange.

The exchange could use a blockchain solution from aws to carry out accounting, but if maidsafe could help develop a safenet database for exchanges that would be better.

2 Likes

They have their coinAccount for your exchange Account and you send to that coinAccount and the amount is placed into their Oracle (or other database) for trading purposes.

2 Likes

You can compare it with IOTA, which as top 10 coin was not listed on much of top 10 exchanges so far.

2 Likes

A good exchange applying to would also be Upbit as we already are in the Bittrex eco system, fees might be none to apply and trade volume is very high.

@dugcampbell I tag you in this one too. As we are in the Bittrex eco-system, Upbit might be our free lunch, if they follow Bittrex, fees might be none and their trade volume very high (world top 12). Please check out for Fleming and beyond.

2 Likes

While I agree that onboarding new users needs to be as effortless as possible, I don’t think we need another forum. Rather, I think we need to build greater awareness and drive new traffic to this forum. Whether we like it or not, market performance attracts eyeballs, and it’s difficult to generate market performance without marketing, exchange access and liquidity.

Only theoretically, as in the absence of even test Safecoin it’s difficult to discuss in a concrete fashion. MaidSafe is moving quickly to check off the unknowns, but there are still a few significant questions that remain, such as what form will Safecoin ultimately take, and how will governance operate on the SAFE Network.

IOTA has 40+ trading pairs, and is listed on both Binance and Huobi (among many other exchanges). It’s ironic to me that IOTA is doing so well in terms of market performance since I’ve never met anyone in real life who has very positive things to say about it. Then again, I suppose that’s the power of marketing, exchange access, and liquidity. :woman_shrugging:t5:

Agreed

5 Likes