Remaining on-topic on the forum for the common good

[My following comment is regarding a topic which was deleted after I had written this. As I don’t wish to waste effort and I believe I have some value to offer, I’ll create a more general topic with it. Perhaps others who agree that standard forum conduct here should include that off-topic content is simply disallowed would like to <3 or comment. Ostentatiously categorized development as I believe it’s so intrinsic to productivity]

Indeed. And I believe you’d have some merit to your argument, as @SwissPrivateBanker would his, and the exchange could be fruitful for those engaged.

However that assumes that it, as off-topic for the forum, is properly isolated from the on-topic discussion, which is why everyone is here. Being off-topic, and this distraction it introduces to the project, has been my original thrust in each of the few social or political topics I’ve participated in.

People could [falsely] assume my position on a matter from that, but it’s about avoiding these things which are tangential at best and divide our effort of common good, not that they aren’t important.

2 Likes

Discussion about the contents of this forum and its moderation can be had in #meta. Please don’t continue old threads there either.

3 Likes