Release: SAFE Mobile Browser

I am able to successfully test the Mobile SAFE Browser on a iPad and it is a true beaut! Great job @maidsafe @ravinderjangra

14 Likes

12 Likes

You can also try fetching safenetworkprimer2 because I think the iOS release was built from the master branch.

7 Likes

Excellent work @JPL

8 Likes

Landscape mode looking nice!

Ps I’m looking forward to the dark mode that’s being teased in the settings.

8 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Yes, we already have half baked code for that and we will be finishing that before next major release.

7 Likes

I seem to be able to get the browser to crash pretty consistently when going from portrait to landscape repeatedly while a website is loading.

3 Likes

I’ll test this, is it crashing if the website is loaded completely and then you change device orientation?

3 Likes

No only seems to be while loading but I’ll mess around more and let you know any specific behavior.

Edit: It might only be certain sites? I got it to crash consistently the first couple visits by going crazy with landscape and portrait when loading the defunct jams.demo site and safe://racer.game/v2.curves.html but can’t seem to replicate it now.

Just want to also compliment on the share feature. Not only can you copy a url link to your clipboard, send through mail, add to notes, but you can also AirDrop to another iOS user. Even better though is when they receive the link it says it requires an app from the App Store. I’ve always thought that a way to share a link and the browser in one go and then once installed the browser resolves to that link, would be such a wonderful thing.

6 Likes

Hey @Nigel, It wouldn’t show you that alert from the next release instead it will just open the website in the SAFE mobile browser and here is the merged PR which enables this feature.

6 Likes

We’ve got a new Android release, v0.1.1, so make you sure you update today!

On Android devices, if you aren’t able to install the new SAFE mobile app even after uninstalling the older version please follow the given steps to clear the play store app’s cache. The steps may differ based on OS version, and device vendor.

Steps: Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> storage -> clear cache and storage.

And then try installing again using APK you downloaded.

You can download it from AppCenter , GitHub or using the QR code below.

11 Likes

Cool, nice update :slightly_smiling_face: it’s so nice to browse safe on my new tablet.

7 Likes

Feeling better recently and able to get to these.

Not sure what this app store is but it’s very cool to see a MaidSafe App listed on an app store. It’s the little steps along the way that need to be celebrated, to keep everyone going the strongest they can :+1: and this is one of them.

Also, mobile browser is arguably the most important app that we can make, but I thought that went without saying :wink:

10 Likes

Brilliant!!!

SAFENetwork primer mobile version is Awsome on this new version release.
Thanks for the update!

Edit: Having these mobile browsers on phone make the SAFENetwork feel that much more real. I’m sitting here browsing safe://

Mind blowing.

8 Likes

It absolutely is the most important app.

5 Likes

So… Typing in a non existent website give an error.

Typing in a non existent website with numerical looks like it directs to an ip address!!!

Try safe://2020

7 Likes

Hey @Zoki, thanks for finding this issue.

It seems like it’s converting the number into an IP address. I have created an issue on GitHub so we can track and resolve this.

6 Likes

Thank you!

I was trying to remember and see if the safe://2048 game was still available on the test net.

2 Likes
11 Likes