Last week we released the SAFE Mobile Browser to Android users…well, we’ve been working non-stop and we are now delighted that to announce that we’ve released the SAFE Mobile Browser to iOS users too!
We’re looking at ways to make accessing the browser on iOS as easy as possible for the community, so one option we’re exploring is using AppCenter which allows us to distribute a link or QR code to our registered testers, saving them from having to build the code and deploy to their device themselves. While the plan is to publish the iOS app on the official App Store, this is an interim solution until we have a full network release.
- SAFE Authenticator for mobile
- Alpha network access
Although you will be able to use the new browser to view sites on the Alpha 2 network, in order to use the bookmark feature you will need to authenticate.
Any user who registers with AppCenter for the iOS browser app will also be registered to receive the SAFE Authenticator for Mobile app. They will be able to download this app via AppCenter and authenticate onto the Alpha 2 network.
Alpha network access
It’s important to ensure you’ve registered your IP address in order to access the SAFE Network (Alpha-2). If you haven’t already then here’s how you do that:
- Log in to the Forum on your normal browser (you’ll need to have Basic Trust Level 1 ).
- Visit https://invite.maidsafe.net .
- Click on the SAFE Network logo.
- Select ‘Alpha 2’.
- Update your registered IP (if it doesn’t match the Current IP listed)
- Copy and paste the invitation token into the Invitation field on the Authenticator.
- this step is only required when creating an account to begin with.
You can sign up here by just providing your email address and then you’ll soon receive a link to invitation for registration and then….you’re off!
As always, let us know if you have any issues in the post below and we’ll help you out.