Release: SAFE Browser v0.11.0

just FYI

EDIT: trying to do 3 things at once - maybe expected behaviour?

Hey @Southside, you just need to enable the experimental APIs with the toggle to access content with XOR-URLs

1 Like

yaaay !!!

6 Likes

You’d better get used to this for whenever the network goes live :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow! This looks amazing! So much work!

1 Like

@Southside the Dead Kennedy’s seem to like the SAFE Network :smile: not the first time their music has been on alpha 2

6 Likes

For some reason I can’t see the images you posted on this forum just now. Maybe my whole computer is just dying. I’m having a very slow connection now too. Oh well, maybe I’ll work tomorrow.

1 Like

some of the resources I put together to show the apps were:

https://forum.maidsafes.net/t/list-of-all-safe-apps/57

Now pinned at the top of the MaidSafe Asia forums :point_up_2:

And these two sites showing potential and current MaidSafe apps:

http://wkgallo3.github.io/Appsitev1/

New version:

To get people’s creativity flowing

7 Likes

This will be really handy :smiley: great work @maidsafe!

4 Likes

I’m still pretty confused when it comes to many things SAFE. I’ve messed around with the new browser version a bit and one thing that keeps popping up are requests for reauthorization, e.g.:
“Patter is asking to be reauthorised, since you previously granted authorisation.”
and
“SAFE Browser is asking to be reauthorised, since you previously granted authorisation.”
Maybe these repeated authorizations are necessary, but the wording above is strange. I’m being asked to reauthorize “since” or because I previously granted said authorization. This makes no sense to me.

One thing I’m eagerly waiting for is the ability to tell from the URL, whose Patter page I’m currently viewing. If nothing else, then for the purpose of bookmarking friends and contacts.

Maybe this comment should be moved to a different topic.

2 Likes

@maidsafe You guys are amazing, master wizards rock stars! :christmas_tree::fireworks::champagne: @happybeing, do you think this rdf and webID update will be of interest to some of the SOLID dev community and that it will spark even further curiosity? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You are right that we need to improve the message and the UI for that popup, you can be sure will be working on it. When you authorise an application, that’s stored in the network as part of your account information, so next time you get a request from an app which you previously authorised the authenticator is just double checking if you want to simply allow the app to use the same permissions that were given to it before.
One option you can use is the lock icon located in the authenticator, if you unlock it, you won’t see any of this re-authorisation popup, these apps will automatically be re-authorised, you will still get the popup for any new apps you never authorised before ofc.

Something like the following link you mean? this one already works:
safe://patter.dapp/#/profile/nature.sascha

4 Likes

I hope so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do I post something from the new Patter? I can go to a profile I set up eg safe://patter.dapp/#/profile/spiny.norman but the Post and id me functions are greyed out (Win 10)

You need to select the WebID you want to use for that tab from the WebID switcher/dropdown, once you do that you can id yourself as that WebID and post messages

Hi @bochaco. Not quite sure what you mean. “Authorise to display your WebIds’ link” doesn’t seem to do anything - in fact in the dev console it seems to throw an error

Uncaught TypeError: n is not a function
    at authorisePeruse (WebIdDropdown.js:82)
    at Object.<anonymous> (react-dom.production.min.js:14)
    at _ (react-dom.production.min.js:15)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:15
    at v (react-dom.production.min.js:17)
    at z (react-dom.production.min.js:18)
    at E (react-dom.production.min.js:18)
    at D (react-dom.production.min.js:21)
    at yt (react-dom.production.min.js:84)
    at Sa (react-dom.production.min.js:231)
authorisePeruse @ WebIdDropdown.js:82
(anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:14
_ @ react-dom.production.min.js:15
(anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:15
v @ react-dom.production.min.js:17
z @ react-dom.production.min.js:18
E @ react-dom.production.min.js:18
D @ react-dom.production.min.js:21
yt @ react-dom.production.min.js:84
Sa @ react-dom.production.min.js:231
Ln @ react-dom.production.min.js:39
zt @ react-dom.production.min.js:86
Oa @ react-dom.production.min.js:231
kt @ react-dom.production.min.js:85
renderer.js:34 [18:57:36.647] Uncaught TypeError: n is not a function
(anonymous) @ renderer.js:34
emitThree @ events.js:136
emit @ events.js:217
renderer.js:34 [18:57:36.647] file:///C:/Users/John/Documents/SAFEnetwork/safe-browser-v0.11.0-win-x64/resources/app.asar/dist/bundle.js
renderer.js:34 [18:57:36.647] 1

Everything else is unresponsive. Bug?

you just need to log into your account with the authenticator, so then you should be able to choose any if your WebIDs from that drop down

I’m already logged in. The dropdown doesn’t work (if you mean the “Authorise to display your WebIds’ link) - that’s where I’m getting the error.

https://apps.safenetwork.org should be up-to-date now :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s missing some apps (e.g. Patter, WebID Profile Manager, etc.). I’ll try to add them shortly.

It’s also easy to contribute to this website by following the instructions here.

3 Likes

You can ignore that error you get when clicking that link (I’ll raise this as a bug since that item shouldn’t be clickable at all).
So what I mean is that after you log in, and you then click on the “person” icon, it should load the list of your WebIDs, something like this:

webidsswitch

In my case it’s sometime slow to fetch the list depdending on my connection speed to the network.

1 Like