Today we are happy to announce that we’ve updated the SAFE Authenticator for mobile (Android and iOS).
The SAFE Authenticator acts as a gateway to the SAFE Network and allows you to control and manage what access and permissions that you give to other SAFE Apps.
Download the latest Android APK or get the source code to build it for yourself from our GitHub repo here!
So what’s changed?
Well, we’ve given the UI a complete refresh with highlights being:
- Adding a launch screen
- Adding a Settings page
- Adding a Tutorial page for showcasing features
- and more…
Screenshots from Android phone:
Minimum Device Requirements
- Android 4.1+ (armeabi-v7a, x86_64)
- iOS 8+ (ARM64, x64)
Installing on your device
- Android: Download the APK and install it (you’ll need to enable installation of 3rd party apps from unknown sources).
- iOS: You need to build the app from the source code.
Getting connected to the Network
Just in case you need to register (or update) your IP address to access the SAFE Network then here’s a quick reminder:
- Log in to the Forum using your normal browser and gain basic trust level if you don’t already have it.
- Visit https://invite.maidsafe.net.
- Click on the SAFE Network logo.
- Select ‘Alpha 2’.
- Set (or update) your registered IP.
- Copy and paste the invitation token into the Invitation field on the Authenticator.
(this step is only required when creating an account to begin with)