Reddit Migration to r/safenetwork

This is for the header image that shows up on mobile. For desktop, the /r/safenetwork subreddit currently uses a custom theme called Naut. The default header image included with this theme is 1920x196px.

I tried adding the image made by @Suriana (1920x150px). Here’s how it looked like on my screen (2048x1152px):

I’m not sure what would be the ideal size and if there are any changes that could be made to the header image to make it fit better with the Naut theme. We also have the possibility of making changes to the Naut theme (for example, by using these addons) or we could use a different theme. Feel free to share ideas/suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was on Reddit when you were trying it out @frabrunelle and agreed, noticed that it didn’t fit well. Custom theming might explain it. Also, we should probably try to avoid the r/safenetwork standard text overlaying the words ‘SAFE’. @Suriana are you able/have time/interest in updating this? If not, no worries - just give me a shout and I’ll see what we can do to sort out the changes ourselves

3 Likes

Not sure if this is a thing as I’m pretty new to reddit, but I can’t upvote the pinned “Safe Network Overview” as it has been archived. Would it be worth bringing it back so people can comment and upvote it?

2 Likes

Hmmm or substitute it by the latest dev update (so the message is not ‘we want to do something for one year now but don’t get it done the way we described here’ but instead ‘hey look at our developer updates - every week another one - the most up to date information for all our followers!’)

Ps: but I think dug and Sarah are working on the reddit strategy - probably there already are ideas on how to replace that description by something newer on its way :thinking:

1 Like

Ah OK cool. I’ll sit tight.

I got it. Will upload shortly.

2 Likes

Hi @dugcampbell

The design I had in mind for Safe is below theme. The current Naut theme isn’t really good to work with visually and has some limitations on the banner due to the square overlay picture(current logo).
If we can switch to below theme it would be beneficial and give a cleaner look.
My suggestion is to brand the color scheme with blue and black (dark banner, blue buttons)

Attached is the resized banner. Let me know if I can assist more.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, here is resized image :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just created this one. What do you guys think?

14 Likes

Please let me know how to optimize the banner for reddit :slightly_smiling_face:

Here are some updated versions:

With dark symbol:

Nature themed:

1 Like

Top one for me. Looks great

2 Likes

Will the other reddit be removed eventually?

That’s not an issue, we can easily remove the sidebar image with this addon. I just removed it.

This theme looks very similar to the Naut theme. I think it’s the Naut theme with a few customizations.

Sure, we could experiment with making changes to the colors :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you, I think it looks great! I just tried adding it to /r/safenetwork:

I think the banner created by @Arcturus looks great too and we should take our time to experiment with many options before making a decision.

4 Likes

Here’s a 1920x196px version :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I just tried adding it to /r/safenetwork:

It looks very good!

I like that we don’t need to remove the Reddit logo and “safenetwork” link that’s on the left (for @suriana’s banner, it looked better when we removed it). It makes it easier to go back to the front page of /r/safenetwork.

EDiT: It looks like it might be possible to make the banner link back to the subreddit (e.g. see this Reddit post). So this means that it would probably be fine to remove the Reddit logo and “safenetwork” link.

8 Likes

Try this.

4 Likes

Some more designs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmhmm - we probably need something for the picture at the bottom too - don’t we? =O

Feedback from a random guy: I like the dark one xD (but I’m afraid it will be too dark for a wider audience) the second one is a little bit too turbulent for my feeling

Hmhmm - to be honest I think @Arcturus proposal might be a little bit more suitable for the masses because it’s a little bit brighter and does feel pretty structured when looking at it (structure == safety to some people I guess :thinking:… But just a purely subjective feeling without being able to explain it really )

2 Likes

Here’s one for the bottom of the page. I used the same size (1920x800px) as the current image.

2 Likes

1 Like