Reddit Migration to r/safenetwork

Looks very good, thank you :+1:

Looks very nice, although it depends on the browser scale you use. For me, the reddit text overlays the logo/SAFE text as here:

If I zoom the browser scale out x3 (below), it looks great, but that makes the content far too small for me:

If it could be a bit deeper the reddit label would never obscure the text at whatever screen size / resolution.

Hi,
Do you mean, the text/logo being resized to smaller size?

Maybe - not quite sure what size range Reddit allows TBH. The issue is that when the screen size is smaller, the Reddit tag “moves across” to cover part of the text in the graphic. So I was thinking either make the graphic deeper (ie increase the height of the graphic to lift the text out of the way), or, as you suggest, make the test slightly smaller so there is no overlap.

@frabrunelle Try this.

Looks good on my screen :+1: What does it look like for you, @happybeing?

You can test by zooming your browser in /out (Ctrl - + / Ctrl - -). I’ll check when I’m at my laptop.

Is it possible just to increase the height of the banner instead, or is that limited? Then the headline text could stay more central.

Yes, it’s possible to increase it. For example, it can be increased to 294px by using this addon.

It no longer clashes :slight_smile: The headline would look better centred. I guess its a trade off between that and screen real estate. Here’s the current look:

Good job. Thank you. I think i will register i reddit account just for safenetwork.

No new proposals? Should we try addons with different sizes or is 1920x196 OK?

Is it time for a poll? :grinning:

Personally, I think 1920x196px looks good :slightly_smiling_face: We could experiment with other sizes but I’m not sure if it would look as good.

Yes, I’ll create a poll shortly :+1:

Once we agree on a design, we can still make some minor tweaks to make sure it looks good on many screen sizes and at many zoom levels.

We (the moderators of r/safenetwork) just created a poll here. It should be accessible to forum users who are at trust level 1 and above.

Please vote to let us know which design you prefer :slightly_smiling_face: We’ll let the poll run for a week or so.

Design #1

Design #2

Design #3

Design #4

The poll we created last week is now closed and by looking at the results, it’s clear that most community members prefer Design #4 (68% of the votes are for Design #4).

Congratulations to @Arcturus for winning the poll :tada:

Now we need to agree on which variation of Design #4 to use.

We just created a new poll here. It should be accessible to forum users who are at trust level 1 and above.

Please vote to let us know which variation of Design #4 you prefer :slightly_smiling_face: We’ll let the poll run for a week or so.

Variation #1

Variation #2

Variation #3

Variation #4

Variation #5

Variation #6

The poll we created on February 8 is now closed. Thanks to everyone who voted!

It looks like most community members prefer Variation #4 (38% of the votes are for Variation #4). We’ve now added this image as the banner of r/safenetwork:

This version seems to look good on many screen sizes and at many zoom levels. If you think it could look better on your screen, feel free to let us know and we can try to make changes to make it look better :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks ok on my tablet, although for some reason it is not centred so the text overlaps.

We just added a new version where the SAFE Network logo is centred :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice :slight_smile: twenty chars