Real World Examples of Censorship Happening Now

:laughing: ok, cool. Good job that was actually sarcasm them.

I think he is getting recent press coverage because something happened recently. But the second part is true. Its entirely possible that some people are pushing it as part of an anti-Russian agenda, so I don’t entirely disagree. But within the specific context of a discussion about censorship I don’t think that is what’s happening here.

Just let me be clear that those first examples I posted are not specifically politically targeted. The whole point is to take a neutral point-of-view and see how parties are being silenced. I believe that in any system a good balance between oppositions will ensure they keep the power in check.

Secondly it really depends how you interpret this, if you believe freedom of speech is a human right than oppressing any voice is a direct violation.

If a government, whether China, Russia, EU, USA, or ANY other country takes this right away it is the systems fault. Therefor many messages will directly sound anti-government but the only thing really being asked for is transparency and the right to have a (counter) voice.

@Southside This is not about Russia, just feel free to add any other examples about anywhere in the world where you see Freedom of speech is suppressed.

3 Likes

Oh wow. I didn’t even thought that it is possible to see Putin’s fans here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess that censorship is almost always related to politics.
Censorship is basically an attempt of crime bosses to hide evidences.

1 Like

Public health proganda frustrates me. I get that a lot of it is placebo/nocebo and really just military psyops to work against mass paranoia and fearful destructive heard like movements of human animal spirits. I understand that but the level of bald face lying involved especially in the US either seems given to cause either an extremely dangerous and volitile lack of skepticism in some or an even more dangerous cynicism toward the possibility of society in others.

So in particular the damn constant claim that the link between vacines and autism and developmental disorders has been debunked. How the hell has it been debunked when there is literally is the Federal Vacine Damaged Child agency/program that has paid out more than 8 billion to US families with vacine related total permanent disability in recent years. The industry and public health also are allowed to wrongly claim and constantly do claim they have never lost in court and no case ever ruled against them. Not true- big cases have breached their indemnity with rulings against them. And you can see that in how and why they needed and sought that indemnity in the first place. So how was it debunked when the industry represented by and reduced to Wythe Labs now Phizer at the time told the Regan admin they weren’t going to do vacines anymore because they were losing $19 of every $20 in court cases over vacine induced illness and damage? That’s how they got the indemnity along with a ruling that found vacines were inherently dangerous tech that of necessity generated regular casualties. They also tell the world that there is medical consensus on vacines- not true Japan abandoned the tech in the 90s and never looked back and the rest of the world except for the US and France followed suit. Even now Japan ordered some Moderna but even noe they’ve yet to start using it as they surely recognize it as a cold vacine varient of a flu vacine and recognize the claim is only that flu vacines make future flues less deadly but have never really prevented illness. But also that improvement happens on its own or we wouldn’t have likely survived as a species. This industry also tells the public that they test when they don’t hence the phases now- they only beta test- that is their testing. But based on all of this they are growing more beligerant on their insistence on non elective medical proceedures as if we learned nothing frim Nurimberg, Tuskegee and MK Ultra on…

Another example is my favorite with the DNC fake progressives and the petrol industry. When we get beyond the understanding that any kind of political ‘contribution’ is bribery and selling out the public with raw treason by both giver and taker we still have the logic of the fake progressives. The logic must go something like this: no matter what we do we must never disincentivise the investment (rent seeking attempts) of older generations in newer generations because one way or another they will be dependent on their children and the children must be incentivised to take care of them in old age if society is to work… and investment is never that smart or deep because humans don’t live long enough as a group to have much clarity.
So these constraints make it possible for the progressives to have to sign a no fossil fuel money pledge in the first place (lol) and then have everyone of them materially violate it in spirit and letter when winning relection wasn’t at stake and they can do this and still sleep well as good concubines who have the gall to refer to themselves not as representatives but ‘law makers.’

1 Like

Were there any attempts to censor information on this topic?
Plain lies can be debunked even without decentralized networks.
Just edit Wikipedia on these topics (following the rules of course).

Its a good point but alas I saw Sony totally sucessfully run a misinformation campaign against Perlman’s start up Onlive where accurate info was impossible to keep on Onlive on Wikipaedia because of Sony’s manipulations. Sony may be a little better now but for a long time in many ways it was like a client state’s ministry of information. It go so ridiculous that its own employees and the public doxxed it and shut it major network for months and dumped customer info by the hundreds of millions of people and then even more ridiculous the Obama Admin tried to say North Korea was behind Sony’s issues.

Not at all- Sony’s own behavior as the heart and soul of the RIAA and MPAA and the core DRM anti speech caused its own problems along with its super agressive down right mean business tactics. The public and it own people vetoed it.
I think something similar is happening at BMW- I think its been bankrupt for a while as its been rigging its sales numbers (read obviously misstating its sales numbers) while cycling through CEOs in rapid succession while just having its second Diesel Gate (not learning from VW) but doubling down on fossil fuels so the new 11 billion dole out by Germany with some going to Tesla (as cover) is I think just cover for a bailout of BMW. BMW’s products have been over priced literal crap (especially on quality- its ICE facing injunctions globally for being parked and off and spontaneously combusting hence its sponsoring FUD about electrics catching fire…and it doing cheap plasticy parts and seats that rip) for a while but its management is Darwin Award level and I think that has to do with the family that controls it. Try covering that in Wikipaedia. Wikipaedia might as well be sposored crap.

1 Like

Wikipedia relies on high quality sources.
If obvious lie exists, then very high chance that is was described by neutral journalist or researcher. After that it is possible to include such information.
If it is just your opinion, then, Wikipedia is not a place for it.
Because you can be wrong etc. etc.

1 Like

Why whine about censorship when we have to censor ourselves?

But instead “Freedom”-lovers will shout “Putin”… And then complain on here that someone has the audacity to think for themselves and not simply eat up the received wisdom from Wall St and the bankers whose background we are not allowed to name. Pathetic.

1 Like
4 Likes

Ever since governments all around the world decided to base their response to Covid-19 on the model created by Chinese Communist Party anybody who disagrees with lockdowns, and even more so anybody who questions the prevailing political narrative about the virus itself has been censored, arrested, and publicly shamed with emotive pejorative terms in the national press (covidiots and the like). Personally I think this is the worst example of censorship in recent times, especially considering how important the actual issues are to so many people.

3 Likes

The problem with Wikileaks was that it wasn’t decentralised and had representation.

3 Likes

“Every statement I put on Instagram was sourced from a government database, from peer-reviewed publications and from carefully confirmed news stories…”

5 Likes

That’s laughable…? High quality sources? Sponsonsored bought and paid for prostitute journalists that get paid to lie to the public about the public interest? Is there anything lower? What is a high quality source? Encyclopedia Britanica when it was still viable? I’d take that generally but you also can’t just take orthodox academic circle jerkery. It can just be parroting ‘expert’ sources it has to try to explain the points its putting forward. There is so much skewing and drift in the endless circular citing its like a ponzi of info.

Here is an example of of a sponsored media source that would count on wikipaedia as a source
This 34-year-old's start-up backed by Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos aims to make nearly unlimited clean energy

You go to that source and they ask you to turn your adblocker off to support ‘independent media.’ If they are sponsored they are not independent and are propaganda and paid lying by definition. So the bald faced lying starts before you even get started. They also want subscription so that people literally pay with their cash on top of having their time and attention and mental energy stolen for the privilege of being misled. And then in this case if you follow the corporate wiki and the money and the interlocking control you see the owner and controller here is ultimate fossil fuel power Black Rock (in part by way of van guard) using its shill fake liberal in name only CNBC outlet. Black rock is the primary owner and contoller of the NBC companies through their parent company and this company is set up as the lamestreme consensus alternative to rabid fox but its just the same fox agenda but more veiled.

And what is the point of this article? It is to say solar and wind can’t work because they are intermittant and fundamentally flawed. And that even if we could get fusion its a long way off. But most importantly its to try to mislead the public into thinking current energy natural gas (note them linking the scuttling a-hole Gates- Gates scuttles clean tech he is true blue fossil fuels if you get past his lies) is cheap and not literally 24 times the price it should be and that not even limitless clean energy could ever do anything about that on going fraud where decades in gouging need to be clawed back. And also to imply current green which is fusion sourced and perfectly distributed
wouldn’t be radically cheaper for citizens personally and to try to check the heat pollution flaw of hot fusion schemes as a red herring.
And to try to implie that ‘fuels’ and not rocket fuels survive because fusion would be used to make ‘clean ones’ which is more cover for natural gas criminality.

There is another super dumb article linked to this one where serial clean tech scuttler Gates pontificates ‘climate change could be worse than covid-19’ this is him trying to minimize and greenwash away climate change for the benefit of fossil fuels.

This is the kind of crap that passes for sources at wikipaedia.

1 Like

Articles should be based on reliable, independent, published sources with a reputation for fact-checking and accuracy.
If you can prove that source is not independent, then, theoretically, it can be removed from article.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how this kind of censorship doesn’t have the opposite effect to what is intended.

Personally I would probably be totally fine with vaccines without it, but when I know that any negative information about them is ruthlessly suppressed and hidden it is that which turns me into a vaccine sceptic. As it stands I will refuse the vaccine, not because I have reason to think its unsafe, but because I know that I can’t be sure it is safe.

5 Likes

They tried being decentralised (wiki leaks), the original idea was a wikipedia of secret information, everyone would read, share important parts from these often hundreds of thousands of pages long leaks, summarise info, all that. It didn’t work out cos people didn’t get involved, the news cycle moved too fast for people to stay on the material. So wikileaks changed the model. I believe the original idea was no representation either, but then it was hard to make institutional connections without “a face” for the organisation.

Project PM was another crowdsourced journalism attempt which had more success in the sense of maintaining a community of citizen journalists engaged and sifting through large leaks, getting to some big stories. But they had little “representation”, no-one making connections with the big media companies, so stories they released were just literally ignored, only to resurface years and years later in more mainstream outlets as if they were scoops. Journalist Barrett Brown was arrested (in reality) in relation to these activities.

So yeah, the idea that you just let everyone get involved has been tested and didn’t work out well, seems to maybe work with smaller groups. And no real representation has been tested and didn’t work out great either, in the sense that no one heard the stories.

And wikileaks sort of tried the opposite then, do the sifting themselves and in cooperation with large media companies using a public representative, which was working out very, very well… Until they were screwed over by the large media companies who turned their back on them (most notably the Guardian) and basically hunted down by the US, thank you Obama and Trump, leading to the public face being openly tortured in London for all to see and our neoliberal western democracies responding with a shrug.

I hope some sort of solution to these types of problems can be found on the Safe Network. It’ll be a fairer playing field in this information struggle, I think, at least. Whistleblowing will be a lot easier, but if the revealed information lies dormant at the bottom of a bunch of people shouting “conspiracy”, then it doesn’t unfortunately serve us well… I think finding a solution to that will be the hard part.

1 Like

To really unravel a conspiracy you need the legal power government provides like the ability to compel people to testify under oath and prosecute them for lying and racketeering. Tech will help but it isn’t going to solve that. You need a functioning government and a lot of people shouting “conspiracy!”.

1 Like

I agree with you. Vaccines are a personal choice. The industry touts the success of their products which have been in the market for decades. Most people on earth are not vaccinated in any significant way yet they point to massive success of their products. This means they have success despite not having governments worldwide forcing people to use their products. This history is a problem for their new campaign for profit. They counter saying the need herd immunity which is a theory on a fact.

There are people that have good arguments that counter the vaccine narrative. Experts in their field. They’ve been removed from Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram. If the Pharma and the Government have truth on their side they should have no issue with debate of facts. There are always two sides to every argument. This axiom has been discarded in favor of forced group think. These people who oppose the corporate line don’t find their way to the top of the corporate news cycle as it is profit driven. Pharma being the biggest lobby in government and the largest advertiser.

The war on terror was kicked off for the sake of power and profit. Any mainstream journalist that did not support this massive boondoggle for profit was fired from corporate media. The Military Industrial Banking Complex made 6.2 Trillion dollars over 18 years. They never had and still don’t have an objective final endpoint. Just endless war for profit. Millions have died, economies have been destroyed and they are still in business. Propped up by Big Media which in the US is 90% owned by 5 massive corporations. Now they have a war on viruses with no endpoint. A perfect recipe for profit and power. Just consider the removal of rights and privacy that is happening in the endless war on terror. It worked out so well for these parasites.

When big pharma, the foundations, and government ran Event 201 they made it clear they could not have free speech hindering their efforts for. This was framed as ‘fact checking’. They planned how they would run a global pandemic for profit. Their profit is rolling in by the billions. Government has gain more power worldwide without consent of the governed than ever in history. It is now being suggested by these people that this pandemic for profit and power will go on for decades with at least yearly vaccines.

Interestingly Event 201 provided no plan for the survival of regular people or the economy that supports them. There were no safeguards for free speech or privacy. Event 201 focused on corporate profits, government power, and ending free speech of citizens.

Where we go from here is obvious to anyone that knows history. Suppression of opposing ideas is key in their ability to gaslight the public and keep fear high. Remember fear shuts down logic and reason. The war on terror relied on a fear narrative to keep up support. This crusade for profit is using the same technique.

5 Likes

We are now at a point wheret they want a ‘Reality Czar’ or Ministry of Truth. :astonished:
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.51.18 AM

How far will these psychopaths go? As far as we allow. History tells us this.

5 Likes