Ready for Alpha 3?

Well for starters there is no “safenet” for him to invest in. Bill is a real investor and there is no maidsafe shares on offer and the network when it exists is not something you invest in.

So its only a baseless rumor and sounds like a scam

2 Likes

But maybe he can acquire lots of tokens if he believes in the project. In this way he can be an investor

Lol! You heard wrong. It’s George Soros :joy:

1 Like

Even if it is right, it’s not that far away. Play around with other coins for the time being but stay tuned for the main event

2 Likes

Its a scam post by a known scammer. Take absolutely no notice of the rumor created by a scammer who posted it. Also buying tokens is not investing in anything as far as a company investor is concerned. Also he made his call with Microsoft investing in another major crypto project directly. Token buying is not business investing which was what the rumor/scam above said was happening.

I like you…one day you give a date 2022 then you say its close…makes my day hahahahahaha

1 Like

I think you have me confused with @max

Whoooopppps :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

thats nice admin :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, thanks for the explanation @neo.
However i didn’t understand your idea of investing. Cause imo if i want to support a blockchain project, best way to invest is buying coins or tokens it offers. Why don’t you consider it like an investment?

2 Likes

The issue is that new people into crypto have one view on what is investing. So lets look at investing

The newbie in crypto sees a coin (say BTC or MAID) and decides to buy some coin. They tell others I’m investing in say MAID. What does this really mean? It means they bought some (virtual) object that may or may not rise in price, and calls it investing. Its mere speculation. Also that person may feel they have invested in the project. Well no all they did was buy coin and that purchase of coin does not help the company developing at all. The newbie did not buy any rights or shares in the company or project.

So for that newbie the so called investment is just a speculation “investment” that the coin may rise. Now in the case of MAID some also feel that it shows the trust they have in Maidsafe to produce the product. This is an emotional investment.

And the coin trader knows they are “playing” the markets and the coins do not carry ownership or voting rights.

ICO
Now with an ICO the person is buying coin and the money is actually going to the company. But is this an investment? Well like the newbie that buys coin on an exchange there is no investment in the project or the company since they hold no shares or rights to the company or project.

So for an ICO the only difference is that the money the person used to buy the coin goes to the company and not another person selling the coin as for the above.

The Investor.

This is a person looking for a company to buy shares or rights in. The investment allows the person to have a say in the company and if they have enough shares or others to back them they can influence the direction of the company.

This is the type of investor that Bill Gates is.

Now the rumor claimed that bill was going to invest in safenet.

1. safenet is not associated with the SAFE network or Maidsafe, it is something else altogether. https://safenet.gemalto.com/
  2. if the rumor meant the safe network, then the safe network does not exist yet and bill could not even consider investing in it
  3. If the rumor meant investing in maidsafe then thats wrong too since Maidsafe is not offering shares for sale. And bill typically invests to have a controlling share. So on two counts point #3 is not right either.

So the rumor cannot have any basis in truth and since a known scammer made the “rumor” then we can be sure that the rumor was stated as an entry to a scam.

tl;dr

I see investing in a company or project is were the person investing is gaining some sort of ownership in the project/company. For example shares or voting rights and this will (hopefully) bring them a profit and thus investing

I see personal investing in the markets as buying and/or sell things (eg coins) for (hopefully) a profit without any rights in any company or project.

If it were the share market then really both the above are almost the same since the objects being bought/sold are shares in companies. But for coins then they are objects without any rights to the company and/or project and thus personal speculation/“investing” without it being investing in a company or project.

5 Likes

Yeah i agree with your point.
It’s right that the coin is something distinguished from the concrete company’s ownership, so if you buy it you don’t own shares. However, i think they are in part linked to each other because If the price of the coin has a huge and immediate drop the project may fail. This means that the value of the project is reflected a bit in the coins/tokens wich aliment its ecosystem.
Without coins the project fails, that’s why i think that if you own them you own the value of the project

Yes, but that is yet another aspect involving confidence in the projects.

For MAID though the project is not dependent on the price having any significant value. The coin (safecoin) is going to be on the network and used by the network without reference to prices people are paying in the market place.

What I am saying is that if safecoin was 1 cent or 1 dollar the network will still operate without regard to the fiat price of safecoin. The problem would be in the confidence of farmers to farm although near zero incremental costs to farm means almost any fiat price of the coin makes it worthwhile for many farmers. In other words the value of safecoin is not in people “investing” in the coin but the value of the coin is in the network

Other coins require people “investing” in them to have any value and they fail causing the project to fail since those projects is their coin.

1 Like

Yeah, of course is the network that gives value to the project. It is known as the network effect, so the more people get into the network, the more value the single coin acquires. Thus, I think that network-coins values are closely linked.

And more, tokens must have a value connected to something which is concrete, otherwise:
Why are you buying Maid tokens (cause, as you said, you don’t buy project’s shares)? Maybe cause the token acquires value in future due to the success of the project?

Let’s get the topic from the “investor” prospective.
Shouldn’t be an incentive for people who “invest” now in Maid tokens before Safecoin launch, should it?
And what better incentive than buy tokens now at low price as stores of value? But value of what? Value of the network’s strength, so the project which is reflected in the coin.

This is my personal opinion of course :wink: Let me know what you think about

1 Like

Sorry too tied, its late here.

But there is plenty of posts with my views and others views.

Basically though the safecoin is a utility coin rather than a trading coin. Yes it can be used for transactions between people and likely will be a big part of the coin. But its real value is in the utility of it. (Buying resources and rewarding). And as such it will gain fiat value to people who are using it.

Obvious the MAID fiat value is in the expectations of the future worth of safecoin and also having MAID now means you get cheap uplaods (buying resources) when the network launches.