(Re)/(more)branding - should we do the unthinkable?

ya it is true “coin” kinda implies blockchain. We should be branding it as NOT just being another blockchain with different specs. Maybe it doesn’t even have to be safe anything. Maybe it should be some play on a “farming” theme. Call them like Ferts for fertilizer or something maybe. Although that might be too close to farts lmao. Although being a bit fun with it never hurt a doge :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve never minded the idea of removing “coin” from the safecoin and have some other name that is good. Even “safes” would work in my opinion. But there has to be plenty of short suitable names that could be used. One safe or many safes or 0.012 safes

I agree, I think the “coin” part is overdone now, I also think SafeCash would be a better representation for us. The coin thing has been done to death and cash implies more our use case.

18 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

Showing your age Mr Irvine. Cash is sooooo yesterdays thing. Millenials don’t identify with cash and it will get worse as time goes by. How about SafeCredit

2 Likes

Except it is not credit. If you took that route then its safedebit as a debit card using money you already have. Safecredit suggests you are using someone else’s money and have to pay them back.

Just using “safes” is becoming more suitable not I think about it.

1.00000 safe and everything else if safes (2.0 safes or 0.5 safes)

3 Likes

How about just ‘safe’?

6 Likes

Already like it

That and the plural so the sound flows. 1 safe and 2 safes

3 Likes

Apparently in China you often can only do mobile payments: In China, cash is no longer king. They have also the the Social Credit System.
Cash has the advantage that it is less traceable.

Haven’t you heard. Credit is the new drug. We are drowning in it

I, too, am a fan of just SAFE. Simple and memorable. Not gimmicky. Can’t be confused with Safex Cash, etc. Not a huge fan of the plural though.

2 Likes

[quote=“dirvine, post:24, topic:22588”]
Cash
[/quote] Take away Safe and use only Cash on the safe network. Four letter word that explains it all…

2 Likes

No need for singular and plural to be different:

• 1 Safe / a Safe
  • 10 Safe / a million Safe
8 Likes

FWIW, I think the association that folk are making between Coin and Blockchain is over stated, or at least, it matters little.

Much in the same way that the Millennials don't do X arguments are. For every proclamation that about Millennials behaving in a certain way, there is a always an argument that says just the opposite, and usually with just as shaky evidence.

Apparently Millennials love cash, but they also have no idea what it is, and have never used it. :man_shrugging:

On the currency name, I think having a descriptor like Coin or Cash will be mighty useful. Trying to force the use of it with out it and simultaneously market and explain the network itself will lead to some linguistic gymnastics, and will probably end up being quite frustrating.

Imagine if FaceBook have decided to call their currency FaceBook?

5 Likes

Marketing of course can market “safe” as “safe currency” or “safe coin” all they want and still have the official name as “safe”. Using “safe” as the name of the coin does not di

Most people refer to the “Internet” as “the web”. And at other times use “internet”. So go figure.

People will refer to the safecoin however they wish once the network is global. Maybe rather than trying to pin a name on the coinage, be flexible and exchanges will use “safe” anyhow removing the coin suffix

or just SAF
Safe as F… :smiley: :smiley:

11 Likes

The child of SAFE because of the F?

1 Like

Yeah, that was my point. If you keep the starting point as Safe Coin or Safe Cash, then people can drop either as they see fit. But trying to just use ‘Safe’ in the marketing, documentation, apis, UIs etc will be awkward, particularly in the early days and/of for new users.

E.g. “To create your Safe Account you’ll need some Safe”

Eh?

3 Likes

No
“To create your SAFE Netowrk Account you’ll need some safe currency ‘safe’”

You’re proving my point here.

Whereas “To create your account, you’ll need some Safe Cash” is shorter, clearer, and doesn’t need to explain itself within the same sentence.

8 Likes