Questions about storage coins and exchange to safecoins

Hi,

First of all i’m totally new to all this crypto stuff and my English isn’t the best. The last weeks I read a lot about the projects out there and I have to say that the maid network is the one which inspire me most. I don’t no exactly why, it’s just a feeling. Now I Invest a very little amount and see what happens.

But I still have some (noob-) questions which I couldn’t find a answer to. Maybe if they got clear to me i change my Investment from a ‘very little amount’ to a ‘little amount’.

1. In the forum was mentioned, that I could withdrawal my maidsafe coins to every bitcoin address I have the public key to. So could I also use a bitcoin paperwallet to store them?

2. Could I send (and later withdrawal) them to (from) the paperwallet in small portions or only all in one transaction? (Somewhere I read that it is a bad idea to send only a part of the bitcoins that are stored on a paperwallet to another bitcoin address)

3. The next 16 weeks iam in Holiday and have no access to one of my computers. So let’s say the safe network goes online in 2 weeks for example. How long would it be possible to change the maidsafecoins to safecoins 1:1 after the launch?

Thx

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum, @locke!

Yes, you can.[quote=“locke, post:1, topic:9675”]

1. Could I send (and later withdrawal) them to (from) the paperwallet in small portions or only all in one transaction? (Somewhere I read that it is a bad idea to send only a part of the bitcoins that are stored on a paperwallet to another bitcoin address)
    [/quote]

I don´t think that is possible unless you imported the paperwallets private key to the omni wallet from which you are able to send small amounts. Then of course, I wouldn´t see much added value of the paper wallet.

Is that theory? If not: I don´t see how the network should be up within the next 16 weeks. Afterwards I don´t see why people shouldn´t be able to change MSC into Safecoin whenever they wish. But unsure about that, maybe wait for better answers.

1 Like

It’s half the story. Iam already in Holiday and don’t know exactly when I get back home. Maybe in 5weeks, maybe 5 month. So for me it would be a mess if the change from MSC to Safecoin is limited in time. :wink:

Thanks for answering No. 1+2!

It has been said that the time frame for the exchange will be long enough to cover 6 months easily.

To put your mind at ease. There is a “test4” to occur, then any changes made, then alpha1 (MVP) release then alpha 2 . Alpha releases will continue until the product is ready for beta releases. Then a number of beta releases and the last beta release becomes the live network.

SAFEcoin will only be tested during this phase and not live until the network is declared live. This means the exchange cannot occur till after that.

How long, I cannot tell you but being away for 6 months is not going to be a problem for exchanges.

3 Likes