Hope I’m not stepping on any toes here but as an investor and supporter of MaidSafe I’m interested in learning more about the MaidSafe Foundation. Currently, I am aware that the Foundation:
- Owns all the patents associated with MaidSafe
- Owns 50% of the shares of MaidSafe
- Loaned MaidSafe 24 million MaidSafeCoins to help support and promote the network/project
- Operates or plans to operate such charitable endeavors as Fab Lab, Learning Centre and various commercial and social enterprises
- Justine McLevy, a forum member, has spoken of Foundation affairs on the forum in the past
As such, the Foundation represents a powerful and influential body in the MaidSafe realm. My questions are:
- Is Justine McLevy a trustee of the charitable foundation?
- Who are the other trustees?
- Do we even have the right to know who these trustees are?
- Are any other trustees active in the forum? If so, who are they?
- Is there a board or group within the Foundation that votes on matters relevant to investors and/or supporters of MaidSafe?
- Who are the members of this board or group?
- How are the trustees appointed? Is there a regular turnover of this group? Are elections held or is the original group of trustees deemed “permanent”?
- Do any trustees or representatives of the Foundation sit on the Board of Directors of MaidSafe? If they own 50% of MaidSafe, I would assume so.
- How many board members of MaidSafe are members of the Foundation?
- How closely aligned are the goals of the Foundation and MaidSafe?
Again, maybe these questions are out of line. Maybe it is better for the MaidSafe Foundation to operate as a “shadow” organization. Please accept my apologies if I have intruded where I should not have.