Question about omniwallet

That’s the centralised interwebs for you :wink:

2 Likes

My MAID is all cold so I’m not worried, only tried to sign in because my PDC is hot and with the price rising felt it should probably move… there have been short outages but never 2 days that I can recall.

omni wallet could be DDOS during the migration ?
I had never thought of that before.

The migration doesn’t need to happen in a short period. In fact it will have to be over a period of at least weeks to give time for people to realise it’s happening and get round to doing it.

1 Like

Apparently a known bug. They say they’ll fix in 30 mins

3 Likes

I used omniwallet on my PC 24 hours ago to send some coins. Maybe a problem on phones.

Firefox often has issues with omniwallet. Omniwallet apparently is only written to work on chrome and thus firefox may have issues at times. For example firefox works for me except it cannot send coins.

Then we just wait till it works again or use another wallet that knows the omni-protocol. Migration will be over a period of time, not just a day or week. (I should read further first - @happybeing already said this)

As long as you have the private keys to the addresses your MAID is in then your OK. Omniwallet can give you a backup copy of your addresses and keys

1 Like

Do you guys increase preset tx fee when sending from omniwallet? 24h no confirmation… how long will it take before it falls off? surely it should be automatically set at a value miners are prepared to confirm at.

Sorry to hear this. I’ve read they can stay in the mempool for 3 or 4 days and though I can’t confirm that as a fact, I can say I’ve had transactions take 3 days to be included in a block. The current situation looks especially bad: Blockchain.com | Charts - Mempool Size (Bytes)

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thousand words right there… shocking.
Thanks for the link.

4 Likes

Seems that someone is embedding some data into the BTC block chain, and it takes many transactions to do so.

Mempool flooded today with address paying itself 174K times, does this raise fee estimate calculation at the time of the attack?

3 Likes