Qora...... - what's this?

Just wondered why this coin suddenly started being pumped on Poloniex, so looked into it a bit. I noticed on their Twitter (aug 8th post 2015) that it claims to be everything Maidsafe is…can’t see it myself and video sounds a bit…well…dunno, scammy… just doesn’t smell right.
Wondered what others thought? :smile:

https://twitter.com/qoracoin

http://www.qora.org/

2 Likes

I invested in this like 2 years ago in IPO , it was some dutch guy if i can remember rightly , the thread looked scammy in places, like the typical scammy threads that turned up on bitcointalk , so it raised very little money , but it was entirely legitimate, he released the coin, it was pretty much a uniquely built coin from scratch not a typical clone, highest % gains in money i made ever in an investment, think purchase price was 0.000000001.2 sat during IPO , reached 0.00000120+ so upto 10,000% profit lol

i know the project is legit , he has been working away for 2 years straight constantly bring new innovation to his coin. when he claims something it usually comes out just as he said, so he delivers on his promises.

I dunno if it is everything maidsafe is , i haven’t checked the coin out for going on 1 year + now , i doubt it is and maybe just a clear mis understanding of how maid is or was being explained back then or what , but the project is legitimate and a decently developed coin , which is offering great innovation to blockchain technology but that’s what it is blockchain technology and nothing like maidsafes different consensus system

4 Likes

I’t an extra zero now, - It’s at 0.00000032 now, but was 0.00000013 just earlier.
PS, I’m not pumping it…lol :smile:

yeah it was released shortly after well not shortly but in the crypto phase of new tech having an increased speculatory value , so it hit the market at a quite high mark up and value , it was also on 1 exchange solely , and it being 100% unique it becomes harder to put onto exchanges because it needed a website owner willing to create and code an interface into it for their exchange, that exchange was “sharex” it was a coin that came out during the free distribution coins, share coin , the dev opened an exchange tied into the coin, was a great idea, but ended up being a scam exchange after several months…not sure why exactly from what i remember might of been illicit trading and trying to profit off of customers funds on the exchange that screwed it over.

But i digress , the coin took a nose dive as that exchange disappeared most likely the dev dumping huge amounts of coins onto any markets that adopted the coin afterwards .

1 Like

Installed and tried. Yes it has got it all tied to blockchain : websites, encrypted messaging, namespace, token creation and a lot more I can not even understand:)
Strange that I haven’t heard of it before. Supereasy and worth trying at least

2 Likes

I just picked up 350k for giggles…maybe it will get scooped up by Microsoft Azure…who knows… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol…same here…we can watch it nosedive from here together :smile:

3 Likes

It indeed has a lot of features. Still blockchain though, don’t know it’s privacy abilities as far as transactions go. Has a 5 min block time etc soooooo still not as awesome as maidsafe :smile:

6 Likes

they have a faucet so u can try them out

Qora market cap is still only about $1m after this pump, so it could well still be undervalued if it’s decent.

I’ll have to look into it a bit more!

If the concept and code works as advertised without flaws then it is the most underpriced coin right now. It lacks a lot of details and I can’t find the white paper.

from what I gather so much of this coin is centered around this network that is currently developing. I really think the alt coins that change the system, or fundamentally improve (or fit a niche) the system are the ones to be investing in, and this one’s message of using the blockchain tech for alternative purposes is so revolutionary to me that I had to buy a little at least!

If the next update makes the wallet function better on my pc, then maybe I’ll start messing around with the message service…I’m so fascinated with it!

1 Like

In case anyone wants to follow their new thread/updates…they have some very cool stuff going on, including a decentralized exchange that appears to be functional!

3 Likes

or maybe not!! its up a good clip today! :slight_smile:

1 Like

going up for now! €0.00015359

1 Like

Lol…2nd most traded coin on poloniex now…is it a pump and dump or does the tech merit the rise? I can’t make my mind up…but from reports, it at least seems to work.
I didn’t mean to start a thread about a different coin, I just noticed that some tweet said has similar capabilities to Maidsafe…I know its not the same thing but does have some functionality at least.
Sorry for possibly appearing to orchestrate a pump and dump using my canny devious trading skills :smile: …but really c’mon.

2 Likes

well… they are busy making implements… i dont understand a lot of it but on mobiles they have added devices…? anyways it is fun to watch them and it could be dump scenario but lets see…

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out - I hadn’t heard of it, but bought a tiny bit when I found out about it through your work, and right now I’ve doubled my tiny bit of money I put into it :smiley: I hope it keeps going in the same direction, though in the long term everything will depend on results!

3 Likes

21 lol keeps rising…