Put Incentive Model (draft)

Please don’t leap ahead in logic, I am simply attempting to clarify a number of base assumptions that are relevant to this conversation, because it seems that one or more of them have gotten mixed up between us. If that statement is indeed sarcasm, then we’re on the same page that content uploaded to the network has different value to the consumer. Good!

Here’s where I think I see a misunderstanding:

I would like to address the second sentence initially if I may. All content is uploaded to the network - not “onto the app”. I am pretty sure that you know this and this was just an overview in your post, but I did want to clarify the point.

Secondly, an app may provide a way for users to upload data to the network. This is not talking about APP devs PUTting, this is talking about users PUTting.

So yes, all of that “user generated content” is being put onto the network “On the behalf of the users”. This is my phrase to describe an APP providing a front-end (graphical help) to users to help them to PUT their data onto the network. It is still the users’ data that is being PUT and the users’ safecoin that is being spent, just that the APP is providing the service of interfacing with the network for them.

So, that being the case, whenever a user uploads data (any data, all data), whether it be with the assistance of an APP or not, isn’t it true that the network receives a payment for all PUT requests, regardless if some may consider the content “good” or “bad”?

P.S. Once again, this is just me trying to get an initial understanding and clarification of both our assumptions. Do you agree with what I asked you?

Onto, through, via, whatever… dude its same same but diffrent for sake of this discussion.

I will repeat my question for the third time. Please do me the favor of answering it so that we may move this conversation forward. Isn’t it true that the network receives a payment for all PUT requests, regardless if some may consider the content “good” or “bad”?

Rich diff 11/12

https://github.com/smacz42/Put_Incentive_Model/commit/b760a93de2343ee8e93fac87e149160495122826?short_path=04c6e90#diff-04c6e90faac2675aa89e2176d2eec7d8

Inspired by:

Yup, this is the case. When you PUT data to the network you need to burn some Safecoin. Even more if it’s structured data (data that can be changed later).

1 Like

Please specify which point you would like to make. Just posting a video as a reply keeps things very vague. You can’t expect all viewers on the topic to watch a video and try to figure out what point you would like to make.

1 Like

[rescinded as conversation is dead now]