Purchased 1200 maidsafe coin on HitBTC.... withdrawl fee was 200 (20%). Why?

Title says it all. Is it because BTC txn fees are too high or is it HitBTC. If it’s BTC txn fees then everyone is screwed

3 Likes

This is the reason

Actually the BTC fees for transactions has dropped a lot in the last week.

6 Likes

Jesus, $150??? Supposed to be $10

How can they charge 15x

2 Likes

Just sell them all and someone bigger will pay smaller portion of all MAID than you.

Im in the market to purchase more and want to make certain this doesnt happen again. Which exchange do you suggest?

Bittrex, poloniex, cryptopia

3 Likes

Bittrex charges 2 to transfer out.

Bittrex has a waiting list for new users, polo takes months to verify accounts idk about cryptopia but the buying MAID situation is rough right now for newcomers.

They aren’t too bad for buying then withdrawing ($5K NZD worth per day). Watch the price as the low volume sometimes distorts the price. Sometimes higher sometimes lower than the rest

1 Like

I used cryptopia and It’s only good words about this exchange :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not saying Poloniex is great or anything, but it works for me.

The verification is stupid because you need to have a good webcam to take a picture of an ID and your face. I got it to work by taking pictures of my ID and my face using my digital camera, then putting the images on my computer and using XSplit as a webcam in Firefox. Once I did that the verification itself was very fast, just an hour or so.

The withdrawal fee on Poloniex for me has been a flat fee of 10 MAID.

Yeah it absolutely is, took me a few days to figure out a good way to do all of this…

1 Like

You don’t need verification, do you? With Poloniex you can transfer 2k$ per day, bittrex 0.4 Btc without identification.
My accounts are old though, maybe new users have to identify themselves?

Don’t use Hitbtc, they deserve to go down. They have these kind of withdrawal fees for every token, and you can only trade in large increments, which means you always lose money to them. I have various tokens worth ~5$ each there, with minimum increments to trade >5$ and withdrawals >50$. They’re stuck.

3 Likes

Yes apparently new user need verification. And legacy accounts will be stopped some time in the future and can only w/d or be verified.

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.12.27-Notice-to-legacy-account-holders/

We have recently completed a major upgrade to our customer identification and verification systems. As a result, we will soon require legacy accounts to become verified through the latest version of our verification portal. The exact date for this deadline will be announced in Q1 2018. While you will be given advance notice before this requirement goes into effect, we encourage you to verify your legacy account now to avoid any potential interruptions in your ability to trade on the platform.

On the date of the deadline, legacy accounts will be placed in a state where:

• Trading and lending will be disabled;
  • Open orders will be closed;
  • Loans will have auto-renew switched off;
  • Margin positions will be given an 8 week wind-down period where they can only be diminished or closed. After the 8 week wind-down period, they will be closed;
  • Deposit addresses will be revoked. Any deposits sent to a revoked address will not be recoverable until the account is fully verified;
  • Withdrawals will remain enabled at the daily withdrawal limits prior to the deadline.

The HitBTC ridiculous withdrawal fee is even more horrible. To withdraw 1000 MAID costs 217 MAID or $87 at today’s pricing. It’s HitBTC and not BTC transaction fees. Those are super low now but HitBTC still wants to bend you over for MAID withdrawals. Is the MAID organization in a bad way with this exchange? Seems like we’re being treated lower than 2nd-class citizens by HitBTC.

2 Likes

No, it has nothing to do with Maidsafe.
There are many complaints relating to a variety of tokens/fees at HitBTC.

https://forum.hitbtc.com/discussion/6049/hitbtc-has-ridiculous-fees-to-withdraw-different-coins-usdt-and-doesnt-trade-coin-fractions-trx

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick feedback. I posted my complaint on the HitBTC forum. Hopefully, I won’t be blacklisted. These exchanges are the one massively centralized, extremely abusive entity in this cryptocurrency/blockchain world. There are the miners but it’s vastly easier to deal with them. I believe the exchanges (abuses, huge thefts, anti customer practices) are doing more to cause government to step in than the dozens of scam ICOs.

2 Likes

Everyone is in a bad way with HitBTC. The one thing I’ll miss about Bittrex was the 2 MAID withdrawal fee. On Polo it’s 10. Still better than HitBTC though.

Exactly. They’re at times worse than a misbehaving central bank. The wave of new decentralized exchanges can’t come soon enough.

6 Likes

Agreed. All the exchanges are bullies. Low-cost DEX’s can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes