Public Servant Accountability App

IMHO, I think this body of people should recognize there are three different subjects being discussed. They must be separated and handled as individual but related topics. First is the main topic of the process of creating a decentralized app that has the potential to bring transparency to the political process. Second is the organization of community input or the formation of a processing committee to determine the intentions and scope this app would have. Third should be the creation of an oversight program or process that safeguards the public from the shortsightedness of mob rule.

While these are the topics needed to implement the goals expressed BroadPerspective, this threads creator, the order in which they are implemented will have much influence on the success or failure of its adoption by the masses. Again, IMHO, you need as the originator requested, people to create the app and or programming tools to create this app. Then you need a completely separate group to determine the desires, direction, abilities, and punitive powers or actions this program will have. Finally, you must have yet a third independent group look at the long term protections against short sighted massive group decisions.

It is one thing to make the world transparent. It’s another to have hard and fast consequences to what may become an unpopular action or group of actions. Then there is the determination of whether the unpopular action was ultimately the right action for the society as a whole. In such cases there should be some way to restore the position of the person or group displaced by the process.

In short what I’m taking forever to say is; There is NO WAY to have all these discussions at the same time and by the same people. You are creating a tool that has the potential to change the world by giving power back to the masses. Take the time and put forth the effort to get it as right as our founding fathers did with the Constitution of the United States. What ever faults or disagreements you might have with the Constitution, everyone must admit that this SMALL group of people created a document and a process that changed the world. My question to you is “How much better of a job could this world do at creating a process of future governess of mankind when we have the power to include all of mankind in the process itself?”

Having said that, I agree with Polpolrene who said THIS forum is and should be dedicated to the process of creating the basic tool, the decentralized app, that will give us the power to treat humanity with humanity.

3 Likes