Public notebook on everything about SAFE Network

Willie, I thought from the Dev forum that you had WHM working? I used it myself the other day (to set up the svelte demo) so it should be fine - exactly the way you stated I think.

1 Like

I got it working on the mock network. Now when I try on the alpha - - using web-hosting-manager-v0.5.1-linux-x64 NOT -dev I got an error.

Thankfully - or annoyingly - when I tried it again just there to get a screenshot of the error- it worked perfectly.

So good news - for now at least.
But def something weird cos I could reproduce that error several times. The ONLY thing I can think of that MIGHT have been different was I did these steps in this order this time.

• start safe-browser from terminal NON -dev
  • in new terminal tab : pkill -e node && sudo umount ~/SAFE
  • cd safe-drive && node bin.js
  • in new terminal tab : cd web-hosting-manager-v0.5.1-linux-x64
  • ./web-hosting-manager

Previously I was NOT starting SAFE-drive in between, though I cannot see why that would make any difference at all

NODE_ENV is unset.

1 Like

I will look into it asap, when I get a chance.
Edit: Please try once more. I have resolved the issue by disabling password auto-generation at registration, which relies on email to send the password. I prefer not to run an email server, to keep things simple.

2 Likes

There, fixed that for you :rofl:

1 Like

Looks good! I’ve made a couple of edits, the main one being SafeNet to SAFE Network. So is the idea that you’ll update it as you do your own research?

4 Likes

Yes, I want to create a concise and technically accurate snapshot of where we are at today. First I will incorporate what I learn from the forum every day, add my how-tos, and later I could take up a gating open item.
I hope that sharing this will save time and making more community time available for addressing open items, building on solid common ground.
Corrections and tweaks are very helpful too. Thanks!

7 Likes

The wiki is growing slowly and steadily. I have started numbering major sections, but things are still very fluid. I was also happy to welcome the first edits, which will become important as the content starts to become a reference, but that may take a while.

The history and latest wiki content is now publicly available to the community via Github: https://github.com/drirmbda/maidsage-wiki. Changes are committed and pushed to this repository daily. I have not looked into how to convert it into pdf or formatted text but what is most important at this point is to free the content.

Edit: And added a special SAFENetwork-under-construction logo.
Edit: Made various improvements for achieving a better readability as well.

5 Likes

should I make a greek version? so greek people that dont read fluid english may have a chance and look into our project?

6 Likes

I agree based on my own experience that accessibility is greatly improved through translation, especially into languages with different writing systems.
I have added two language options (el, bg) for now using a dokuwiki translations plugin.

There are two caveats:
This wiki is only two weeks old and the content may still change a lot or be reorganized into multiple pages. (I also hope edits by others will make the wiki a product of many rather than just one author, and thereby more worthy of accurate translation.)
Second, there is some risk in that I cannot easily review the content for violation of the basic rules. I will trust members of this forum not to do anything illegal or inappropriate and report any issues in this thread.

5 Likes

isnt there a way of making translations to that wiki a one to one thing? I mean once there is an english version the greek version would have “articles available for translation to x language” where I then can check everyday and translate what has changed/added?

I don’t know. Anyone have experience with Dokuwiki and translation? Due to my lack of time this needs to stay simple.

I will search for it and come back! new to all this stuff myself!

edit: didnt find anything usefull

should I directly edit in the dokuwiki in maidsage or should I do it in github somehow?

To see the latest changes you can use the “history” icon on the right. http://maidsage.com/doku.php?id=start&do=revisions.

I (we) can promise (to each other) not to move stuff around too often and post here if I (we) do. I think that the structure of the wiki will not change much, and plan to only add information.

However, I am avoiding making links to particular sections because they might break.

1 Like

ok! great tool! so once I have finished translated what is already there I can check on that history everyday!

Edit the wiki directly on maidsage. You can easily edit smaller portions at a time. (Feel free to number sections so that I can match them up in the English version.)

what do you mean by numbering sections?

edit: if I understand, them are already numbered I will just translate the words next to them and inside the sections

There are subsections without a subsection number. Such as Getting up to speed, under 1.1 Basic Level.The subsection could be numbered 1.1.1. But it’s not really necessary if there are only two subsections, so I leave it up to you. No worries!

ok I got it now! time to work!

last question, I was thinking about linking or including hidden english text that if a user wants to see the english translation can just press the link or the button to show the engish text, how can I do that cause I dont see it possible in the syntax instructions in dokuwiki syntax page?