Proposal for community documentation project

Some time refining how to convince ChatGPT to give a comments that are neither too terse nor so detailed as to be unuseable. Once the correct wording is found then hopefully it can be scripted. I really want to get the wallet/DBC/faucet scripts done before I distract myself with the API - and anyway there are others here who are more competent than me to do this.
Then someone needs to coordinate who is doing what and to make sure the whole codebase is covered eventually
AND we should decide which languages we need/want to have or link to some auto-translate tool. I know, I know :slight_smile:

Im sure there is - havent defined it yet though :slight_smile:

Absolutely - even just splitting the job into sn_node sn_api sn_comms sn_cli sn_client sn_interface etc would be a start.

I asked Chat GPT to coment /sn_api/src/common.rs and got this - I had to prod it halfway through which is something scripts may trip up on

TBH I’d say that code was already pretty well-commented but it was chosen cos its only 87 lines long.

Despite specifically asking it not to comment on comments it still gave this.

This is the copyright statement of the code. It specifies that the code is copyrighted by MaidSafe.net Limited and is licensed under the General Public License (GPL) version 3. This means that the code is open-source and can be used, modified and distributed by anyone, but it must be distributed under the same license, and any changes to the code must be clearly marked.

Also it veers from summarizing complete functions to giving a line by line commentary so I think it needs to be asked very precisely. GIGO still applies.
need to read this…
https://beta.openai.com/docs/guides/code

4 Likes