Proposal: community takeover on MaidSafe social channels

I see SAFE as unlike any other tech startup. At least none I can think of, so I see it more like a cathedral than a Facebook :wink:

Facebook had little in the way of original ideas. It was more about discovering ways to attract people and lock them in. There were prior social networks, but Facebook made some innovations in creating a ā€˜gameā€™ that was more attractive to early adopters (college undergrads) and simple but effective innovations such as the news feed, and seeking out ways to exploit weaknesses that lead to addiction.

There was no new technology, but the ability to find new ways to attract and retain users that had not been exploited to such an extent before.

New tech was developed along the way, but it was not groundbreaking in the way SAFE Network has to be before it can even begin to be of use.

For Facebook, technical innovation came later, such as in the area of scaling, which is more like building wider roads than bringing a cathedral from vision into reality, without knowing it is possible to build at all.

This is why we have a recurring theme of when release? and have until recently been unable to say when, or even what is left to be done. We now know the latter, so itā€™s quite funny that anyone would say ā€˜if this isnā€™t complete by X it should be abandonedā€™. If I was an investor, I think this would be the optimal time to invest - such a little known, undervalued, underappreciated opportunity, little time and risk to realisation. Nothing is certain until itā€™s done, but really, thinking about giving up!?!

Just my opinion.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve actually been really impressed with the progress MaidSafe has made on the social media front over the past year or two. They really have been ramping up on their twitter, facebook, medium and other places that werenā€™t really there at the beginning.

Also some regular pods still exist. Sotros comes to mind as maybe the biggest organizer right now, and I think I saw a decently sized one on Meetup for London. Not sure about any regular ones here in Asia, we funded food & host costs for a few small meetings a while back but the 20 or so people in the groups seemed to want more meaningful updates on the launch part before getting really excited for more.

Thereā€™s still lots going on from MaidSafe and the community in the meantime though. So no need to reinvent the wheel, just learn whatā€™s going on already and help out where you can :+1:

6 Likes