Proposal: App Rewards by "Pay per PUT" (commission)

@janitor the reason I stepped in, for what if it were an isolated incident would not be so important, is because:

• I would be very surprised if you claimed not to understand the detail that I posted, because of the amount of discussion you and I had on this precise issue
  • during those discussions, you had to be corrected and reminded several times - because you continued to post, as here, that app or PtP rewards would decrease rewards to farmers
  • if you did know that, why would you “go along” with the misconception you quoted rather than pointing out it was wrong? I think that would be the most helpful thing to do, and you are usually very keen to point out people’s errors.
  • you demonstrate a repeated pattern of troll like behaviour (posting incorrect or speculative information as if it is fact), gradually escalating that to the point that we intervene, then backing off and behaving well for a short period before starting again. Other similar behaviour is not seeming to have read the details, or taken time to understand what was meant, before responding. Responding in a dismissive manner, as if the other person was stupid. And so on.

Where you post helpfully I am keen to acknowledge that - I like your such posts as readily as I do anyone’s. I liked a couple yesterday I think, a record! The problem I’m responding to here is that far too often a moderator is stepping in to correct misleading information that you post, or other problematic behaviour.

So that’s why you have received moderator attention more quickly than a similar post by someone else. I hope you can acknowledge the reasons for this, rather than pretend your posts and the longstanding patterns I’ve described are no different to anyone else.

What do you say to that? You have very rarely challenged moderator warnings or interventions. Normally you don’t take any issue with them at all, but as I said, only refrain from the behaviour that caused the intervention for a short period and then start again, gradually increasing until it triggers moderation.

As moderators we read an awful lot of posts and we get to see patterns that users who have not been here so long, or who don’t read widely over a long period don’t see.

My request to you is to look at what you post and how. The areas that I think you could do better, for the benefit of all here and the project itself, are reading and understanding the posts you respond to, providing clear and complete responses to points you want to address, which would be helped if you could avoid mocking what others write, and ensuring what you say is accurate and complete enough to be helpful. We all stray on all these kinds of issue - I certainly do. What bothers me, and the reason I keep asking you to address these same points, is that you err in these ways so much more than anyone else, while you’ve been here longer than most, and had far more opportunity to address this. Very often when people arrive they behave in these kinds of ways while finding their feet. But everyone who has stuck around has settled in quite quickly and become a part of the debate in a constructive manner: striving to be clear and accurate, avoiding being inflammatory, and focussing on issues relevant to the project and its goals. For some reason you have, in my opinion, not managed to do this.

If none of this makes sense to you or you disagree with me on anything, please explain rather than just letting it go. I would far rather you make your case to the community for myself or moderation in general to let you carry on as you are if you think that is what we should do. It is the community’s opinion that matters here, not mine or the mods as a group. Every time there have been complaints from individuals who are unhappy with a moderator intervening on their posts I have been keen to hear from the broader community what they think about the issue and moderation in general. So far we’ve had some useful discussions, but there has not been a vote, and insufficient consensus one way or the other to merit a change to guidelines or how we operate them.

If you do not agree with what I’ve said about your behaviour, or think that my response to it is wrong I would far rather you raise this and if there seems cause, have a vote as you suggest.